Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Bear - where to charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got survey results back, Big Bear !!!

Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 9.01.05 PM.png

Reactions: beachmiles
I have an 80amp Tesla charger at my house in big bear lake. I do charge a fee to cover expenses but it is worth the peace of mind that you can just pull in and charge in my private driveway just for Tesla cars. There is also a nice restaurant 100 yards away to eat at
Looking to charge tomorrow am before heading back to LA. Is charger available then? If so, please let me know what you charge. Thx

PSA Time! Last night I get a text from a friend of mine who lives uphill from my new Bear Mountain slope side condo. His friend drove up in a Model Y with summer tires in 10" of new wet snow on the roads. He couldn't get further up the hill to my friend's house, so they stopped at my condo to get a charge. In addition to no chains, his battery had like 1 mile range left on it.

Then today my friend texts me again, this time about another stranded Tesla owner who showed up at his house, again with like 1 mile left. But that Tesla owner didn't have/know about the Mobile Connector. So my friend unscrewed from the wall my NEMA 14-50 connected wall connector (I have two garages and two wall connectors) and hoofed it up the hill to plug it into his NEMA 14-50 to charge the other stranded Tesla.

SO: Before taking a trip to the mountains in a snow storm, get and put on your chains!!! Or have snow tires. 10" of new snow is no joke.

And for god's sake, buy a Mobile Connector with a NEMA 14-50 pigtail!!!

Where my J1772 wall charger used to be...

IMG_9908c (1).jpg

Last edited: