Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bhorn's used 2016 MX P90D story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi MXers,

I ordered my MX last week. After watching prices for a few months, I decided to take the plunge on:
  • P90DL
  • Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Model X Long Range
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • Tan Leather Seats
  • Matte Obeche Wood Décor
  • Black Headliner
  • Six Seat Interior
  • Ludicrous Mode
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • Free Unlimited Supercharging
  • Technology Package
  • No Tow Package
  • Autopilot with convenience features
  • Premium Upgrades Package
  • Smart Air Suspension
The price was falling for a while before jumped at $59,800. Maybe I could have help out a bit longer, but under $60K was my target. Ordering has been smooth so far. I've read the horror stories, so I am trying to temper my expectations. It has to ship from CA to GA. Delivery is not scheduled yet, but estimated to happen next week sometime. Its about a 5h drive for me to Atlanta. I've already mapped put the drive home, which will include two stops to charge and add about 2 hours to the ride home. I'm very excited and soaking up all the resources I can.

I rented a MX on Turo last year on vacation in CO. It was fantastic and really gave me the itch to get serious about buying one. I ordered a HPWC and will get it installed this week.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...

-bhorn

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2016 MX with VIN xx001868. which I purchased new.
I have 90,800 miles on it and the only major expense I have had is the weatherstripping on the Falcon Wing doors. It began getting sticky a year ago but while on a three day trip with 3 passengers that stickiness cause the upper glass to get criacked when the center piece lifted. The replacement glass includes the weatherstripping. Keep an eye on it. The new weatherstripping is better and yours may already have been replaced.

I have a 2016 MX with VIN xx001868. which I purchased new.
I have 90,800 miles on it and the only major expense I have had is the weatherstripping on the Falcon Wing doors. It began getting sticky a year ago but while on a three day trip with 3 passengers that stickiness cause the upper glass to get criacked when the center piece lifted. The replacement glass includes the weatherstripping. Keep an eye on it. The new weatherstripping is better and yours may already have been replaced.
Thanks for the advice. There is one pic of the roof showing the weatherstripping in pretty poor condition. I intend to use the warranty if that becomes an issue.

Used cars sold by Tesla come with a 2 or 4 year warranty, so are you saying that by having it under 50K miles, it qualifies for an extended warranty beyond the new "used" warranty that Tesla is providing you with the purchase? That would be pretty nice if you could essentially buy an extended warranty and have it covered up to 149K miles (or 8 more years) bumper to bumper.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: MIT_S60
so are you saying that by having it under 50K miles, it qualifies for an extended warranty beyond the new "used" warranty that Tesla is providing you with the purchase?

No, I was only referring to the included warranty.

Used Vehicle Limited Warranty for Model S and for Model X
Model S and Model X that were under 4 years old and under 50,000 miles at the time of Tesla delivery.

Used Model S and Model X are protected by a Used Vehicle Limited Warranty for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, starting from your delivery date. The balance of original Battery and Drive Unit Limited warranty still applies for used vehicles. The Tesla Used Vehicle Limited Warranty does not extend or otherwise alter the original warranty.

Vehicle Warranty