Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Products to clean M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What products are best for cleaning a white M3, in particular the caked on dirt along the sides on the bottom. I used Meguiars to clean it the first time but it did nothing to the caked on dirt. Also, what should I use to clean the interior? Thanks.

What products are best for cleaning a white M3, in particular the caked on dirt along the sides on the bottom. I used Meguiars to clean it the first time but it did nothing to the caked on dirt. Also, what should I use to clean the interior? Thanks.
Probably any regular car wash should work. I use a foam cannon with Griots Garage foam. But I don't really know how to deal with caked on stuff as I never let my car get that bad.

But I can recommend Simple Green all purpose cleaner for the interior. Two microfiber towels. One with a few spritzes of Simple Green, the other to wipe it off. This is for maintenance on a regular basis. I use it on my 2022 MSLR perforated seats, MaxPider floor mats, dash and even the Alcantara phone charger. I've never cleaned the instrument panel in front of the yoke, too scared to scratch it.

Hey everyone,

What kind of cleaning microfiber clothes do you use to clean the exterior and the interior of Tesla?
Go to the rag company. You'll find some good rags. Don't use costco micros on your paint or shiny surface as they do leave swirl marks. I do use them on all the glass, mats and non -shiny surfaces.

Edit: I tried the so called special glass waffle weave and other glass specific rags. I wasted my $ there. Just use costo ones.

Reactions: Nightcorey

I highly recommend an automotive all purpose cleaner made by Optimum called Power Clean:

You can dilute Power Clean to different strengths, depending on what you are cleaning. For example, to clean dirt and traffic film on the lower parts of the car, I would put some Power Clean in a spray bottle diluted 3 parts water to 1 part Power Clean, spray it on the dirty panel, let it dwell 30 sec to a minute, and then wash the panel with your normal car soap. Or you can add a couple ounces of Power Clean to your car soap solution to give it a bit more cleaning "umph".

You can also use Power Clean to clean interiors, but I would dilute it 5 parts water to 1 part Power Clean for interiors.

A lot of "pH Neutral" car soaps are designed to be gentle enough not to strip wax or sealants, but as a result, they don't clean as well. Power Clean has a higher pH and a stronger cleaning ability. But it may degrade or strip waxes or sealants. If you have a ceramic coating, it should be fine.

Reactions: zoomer0056