Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best insurance for Tesla Model S 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This year, or was it last year, WAWANESA increased rates but switched from annual to 6-months so as to hide the increase. It was still a good rate when compared to others, so we kept them.

I second what @dbldwn02 stated above, if you tell us your rates please specify 6-months or one year. Also if you give cost including other things it does not help anyone on the forum. Just the cost for a Tesla S, X, or 3 is what is useful there. Thanks.

Reactions: dbldwn02
Just bought a 2018 Model S P100D policy from Progressive in FL for $900/6mo with pretty comprehensive limits. Thanks to OP for the hard work of doing all the comparative pricing in the original thread, I was able to save a lot of time.

• Love
Reactions: Mark_T
I use Progressive for my two cars, a 2017 model S 75 D purchased September 2017 and a 2013 Cadillac SRX with about 42,000 miles when insurance was initiated September 2017. My policy limits are $500,000 liability combined single limit each accident,, medical expenses $10,000 each person, uninsured motorist-non-stacked $500,000, UIM-non-stacked $500,000, comprehensive, actual cash value collision actual cash value with $1000 deductible on both. Total premium for both cars for six months is $654. That may be a benefit of living in Pennsylvania. However, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the renewal which will occur in September. So far I don’t have any numbers from progressive.

Just got our first full 6-month renewal bill from Progressive since adding a Model 3 to go with our Model S. The 6-month premium actually went DOWN from $812 to $715! About $40 of that appears to have been from also switching our home insurance during the last term, so we saw some of that pro-rated multi-policy discount retroactively applied, but the rest appears to be nearly $60 drop evenly applied to each vehicle.

Prior to that we'd had the Model S on our Allstate policy for about eight months, as we'd been with Allstate for years and years - but as folks say, Allstate basically doesn't do Tesla. It was somewhat painful but convenient when we added one Tesla; it was unconsciable when we needed to add the 2nd, so we switched.

Of course we've not yet had to deal with a claim with Progressive yet, so we don't know what kind of service we'll get ( Allstate had been great in that regard, processing a couple of claims efficiently and fairly - none our fault or even with any of our cars occupied). Just not used to seeing policy renewals go down for no reason (no real change in our driving records or claims history), but welcome nonetheless.