Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Being dropped by Tesla Insurance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone seen no "estimated future premium" on the app before?

The last time my policy was up for renewal back in October, the app did show an "estimated future premium." There were no numbers, since Tesla was probably calculating the rate hike, but now I just don't have an estimated future premium.
I'll give them a call next week, was just wondering if anyone else has seen this before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240302_074836_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240302_074836_Tesla.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 16
I do have 2 claims on my record, both of them comprehensive. One was a vandalism claim for which Tesla Insurance paid out nearly $5.5k total, and the other was also a vandalism claim which I withdrew because I decided not to pursue the party at fault.

Upvote 0
Anyone seen no "estimated future premium" on the app before?

The last time my policy was up for renewal back in October, the app did show an "estimated future premium." There were no numbers, since Tesla was probably calculating the rate hike, but now I just don't have an estimated future premium.
I'll give them a call next week, was just wondering if anyone else has seen this before.
I don’t see where you’re being dropped?

Reactions: S&B's M3
Upvote 0
I don’t see where you’re being dropped?
In the app, there would be two sections: "Upcoming premium" and "Estimated future premium." There is no section for estimated future premium, so I'm worried that I'm being dropped.

In my area, the next cheapest insurance is (weirdly enough) Amica, which after bundling and paying upfront for 6 months is still ~$225-230/month for similar coverages to what I currently have. I won't worry about how I drive anymore, but it stings to have to pay an additional $100+/month just to continue driving my car.

Upvote 0
I understand this, and I did see a significant rate hike after my first claim, but... being dropped for two claims, one of which had a $0 payout?

A claim is a claim.
There is no such thing as "withdrawing" a claim. Once you fail a claim, it's on your record and will be considered as part of future rate increases.

My suspicion is that Tesla Insurance is bleeding cash in my state (VA), so they're pulling out or only keeping people who have a perfect record (no claims).

Why not call them an ask?
Our speculations on the subject is worthless.

a

Reactions: rpiotro and fredjan
Upvote 0
A claim is a claim.
There is no such thing as "withdrawing" a claim. Once you fail a claim, it's on your record and will be considered as part of future rate increases.

Why not call them an ask?
Our speculations on the subject is worthless.

a

Had to wait for them to open (iirc they don't work on weekends?),

No, I'm not being dropped. They just haven't sent out the information for renewal yet.

Upvote 0