Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Battery sticker lost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds familiar. My P85D did not have a battery sticker either. Tesla wouldn't tell me anything about it.

Given the better-than-average degradation my car had compared to others of its vintage, and the underside of the battery being very clean, I suspected it was replaced shortly before I bought the car from Tesla in 2019. But still no proof.

You'd need to know someone at Tesla who can provide you with service records. This is likely to be a personal friend as service will otherwise not tell you.

I assume you mean the battery sticker on the side of the battery behind the front passenger wheel? Not sure how one would lose this sticker, but perhaps it's in a different location. Hopefully not on the top! I'd at least try and ask Tesla. The internal service records would have the date of installation, serial number, etc.

Reactions: aerodyne
Check how the fuse cover looks. If you see rust, open a service request with a picture. They should take it in, drop the battery, remove the cover, check for humidity and replace with a new cover. A cheap borescope from amazon does the job

I also recently bough a used MS and there is no sticker on the battery. And looking at the spot where it should it, it seems like it was "peeled" off.

The SMT shows normal number for a car of this age, so I guess the weather affected it? like low temperatures and a lot of driving on snow?