Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Basically everyone Should Get Solar Panels In California Right? Via Financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the Federal funds 30 year rate is currently 3.138%, no rational and above board investor is going to loan money out at 0.99%. I'm not saying that you can't find a quoted teaser rate at that value, but I seriously doubt there is an all in APY of 0.99%. So, yes, I don't believe it, for a variety of reasons.

However, 3-5% is less than the current inflation, and a leveraged purchase may make sense for some folks, but that is an entirely different discussion.

All the best,

BG
Agreed

hi my name is Jason 👋🏼 ... now you know me 🤓
My record for continuous off grid (pre PTO) was i believe 45 days or so ...
the caveats are I cannot just charge my model 3 anytime I want (when solar producing only ) and in summer on 100+ days house may get up to 78 F when i cannot run AC anymore at night ... also i would still need ng for heat / dryer ..
this is w/ 2 pw and modest solar (24 panels)
not a shack either modern single story 2800 sq ft home
if all those caveats are allowed then i could go off grid .. but of course much better for me on grid when i can charge when i want and run ac all i want and still net zero at true up

I think h2oguy means someone who grid defects and actually terminates PG&E service to their home. So they give up NEM but also give up having to deal with PG&E entirely.