Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Basic Autopilot Limits “Smart Cruise Control” to +5mph SPEED LIMIT MAX…???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is either a GPS error or a mapping error. You should report it (try “bug-report” voice command, then create a service ticket in the Tesla app and mention your created bug reports) and/or you should check “open street maps” website (openstreetmap.org) for the speed limit and road data for the sections that are consistently showing that incorrect behavior. Submit change requests.

byg report won't do anything
service center won't fix it
also openstreetmap has the right speed limits for ages but it's still wrong here .

Where this becomes a deal breaker for me is: the 4 lane divided highways here typically have a 75 mph speed limit, with a min of 45 mph. That means about half of the drivers run 80 and the other half, 60 to 75. But since my Y believes the speed limit is 25 mph about half of the time and it won't go over 30 mph, it makes AP unusable. It may go 10 to 20 miles believing the speed limit is 25 and then will suddenly change to 75, no signs or any other indication to trigger the change.

This happens to me. A lot. So why the heck can't we choose to not be restricted to the posted speed limits (which are wrong 50% of the time for me)