Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad drive unit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. so my 2013 model s85 would not start with codes Dl_w126, MCU_w012 and BMS_w035. Car may not testart. I unplugged the 12v battery overnight. Then the next day plugged it back in. Then I get DI_u014, GTW_W017,GTW_w017,GTW_W018, GTW_W157, BMS_F027. Sorry thats a lot of codes. I scheduled service and I flat bed the car to the SC in riverside CA. They dont look at the car but the service adviser says i need a drive unit and quotes $6000. So I said fine. Then i tell him the car is a california lemon law buy back car and the drive unit and shafts were replaced for vibration and its still under the lemon law warranty(1 year). He said he need to talk to his supervisor. It take him over 30 minutes, he comes back and tells me that the will do further testing. So i tell him that 30 minutes ago he wanted me to sign off on a $6000 quote and as soon as he saw that it was covered by warranty it may not be required? He had no answer. Just said he would let me know. That i had uber credits available. This does not sound like an honest shop to me.

Attachments

• IMG_1276.png
    IMG_1276.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1262.jpeg
    IMG_1262.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 69