Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

B / C pillar seal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2023 Model 3 and I had a ride in a new 2024 'highland' model. It seems that a lot of soundproofing of the updated model is down to better door seals. I can clearly hear other cars and outside noises coming in through door seals in my old model 3. I checked door seals on both cars and they have updated the gaskets/seals on newer model.

I found new door seal part numbers in epc.tesla.com and ordered these. Problem is that new model has separate seal around B-pillar camera glass and also on C-pillar small window, but I cannot find part numbers for those anywhere. With the new door seals there is a huge gap between door seal and B/C pillar. Old seal had a extra lip to cover that gap but they have made the new one a separate seal. Tesla service is not helpful in finding the part number for B/C pillar seals.

Does anyone have any info where to find the corresponding part number for those?

Attachments

• IMG_5826.jpeg
    IMG_5826.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5827.jpeg
    IMG_5827.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 19
Do you plan on using the Highland seals on your 2023 model? They definitely look better quality-wise than the older model, especially with the fitment and how they're cut. Sounds like an interesting plan if they fit the older model.

Yes, I have already ordered and installed highland model door seals. All except rear left, Tesla has f up delivery of that one. They sent me two of the rear right ones.

I filled the gaps between door glass and B/C pillar with simple D-profile seal from hardware store, it works but is not good looking and I bet the original will seal better. Anyway, I can clearly hear difference from the new door seals. The rear left is where all the wind noise comes from.

Wow very cool! You mind taking a photo of what it looks like on the car? Very interested in how it looks.

I looked at the parts list, is it possible that the B pillar seal on the new highland model is built into the camera cover itself? (Which I believe is called the applique) Not sure on the C pillar seal.

The online Tesla Service Manual details the B and C pillar seals. For 2024+ Model 3's, the applique bolt cover is molded into the camera holder glass, while on earlier Model 3's, the bolt cover is a separate part.

1714061338952.png

2024+...

1714061640796.png

Earlier cars...

1714061731194.png

bolt cover separate part....

1714061772795.png

The C pillar glass instructions are also slightly different to removal/install.

Could be the cameras come with the B pillar part as an assembly. It might be interesting to find out if they changed the B pillar applique part number on other car models with change to Autopilot 4.0 cameras.
It most likely comes with camera and NFC module. Part number description is ”LEFT HAND DRIVE-ASSEMBLY B PILLAR APPLIQUE LEFT HAND”
I guess we will find out if HW4 pillar camera works with HW3 or if there is possible to swap cameras from old part. Part should arrive in 2 weeks.

I bought highlands left B-pillar glass assembly, it does not fit older model. Connection points are the same but camera and card reader connectors are different. I thought about swapping out cameras and other modules but some is molded in. So eventually I took only the gasket I modified it to fit older B-pillsr glass. Older glass is also different shape and it needed a lot of trimming/cutting. Glued the new seal to the old glass and it works, no wind noise (from there anyway).

The seal has its own part number molded in, but tesla epc does not recognize it. Also no results with web search. Buying an complete glass assembly and only using the seal is expensive. I will look up price later and add here. I have done the right side with simple hardware store D-shaped gasket. It works fine (no wind noise) but looks bad when door is open. Same story with C-pillar seals.

I bought highlands left B-pillar glass assembly, it does not fit older model. Connection points are the same but camera and card reader connectors are different. I thought about swapping out cameras and other modules but some is molded in. So eventually I took only the gasket I modified it to fit older B-pillsr glass. Older glass is also different shape and it needed a lot of trimming/cutting. Glued the new seal to the old glass and it works, no wind noise (from there anyway).

The seal has its own part number molded in, but tesla epc does not recognize it. Also no results with web search. Buying an complete glass assembly and only using the seal is expensive. I will look up price later and add here. I have done the right side with simple hardware store D-shaped gasket. It works fine (no wind noise) but looks bad when door is open. Same story with C-pillar seals.
Hi

Super that you changed the door seals and it fits!
I was thinking at trying the same, but was not sure it would fit.
I asked a Tesla mechanic at the SeC here in Denmark, but he did not know if the Highland door seal would fit or not.

Is it possible to take some pictures of the seals at the B and C-piller, with both the D-shaped gasket, and the modified B-piller gasket?
And what did you have to pay Tesla for the new door seals in Finland?

Hi

Super that you changed the door seals and it fits!
I was thinking at trying the same, but was not sure it would fit.
I asked a Tesla mechanic at the SeC here in Denmark, but he did not know if the Highland door seal would fit or not.

Is it possible to take some pictures of the seals at the B and C-piller, with both the D-shaped gasket, and the modified B-piller gasket?
And what did you have to pay Tesla for the new door seals in Finland?
I tried to add pictures to my previous post but upload failed. I will add pictures later today (finnish time) and will look up the price I paid.

IMG_5949 Large.jpegNew is on left and old right
IMG_5950 Large.jpegOld
IMG_5951 Large.jpegNew, different connectors than old one
IMG_5954 Large.jpegPart number of the seal itself, but sadly not found on epc.tesla.com
IMG_5970 Large.jpegOld gasket was D-shaped hardware store gasket, glued in place.
IMG_5974 Large.jpegNew seal around old glass, fitmet is not ideal on the bottom, but it is hidden when door is closed.
IMG_5973 Large.jpegLooks OEM when door is closed.

Price was 326€ for the assembly, for me this is starting to be a bit much. If it would be drop-in replacement I would have bought the passenger side also, but this is too much work. I am keeping the hardware store gasket on that side until I can find the original gasket seperately, maybe when new models are totaled I can get one from junkyard etc. I still don’t have rear seals ( C-pillar ), I cannot find them from tesla parts catalog, hardware store gasket is there until I find them.

As of functionality. There is no wind noise ! Atleast from the doors anyway (there is some wind noise coming from the top glass). Unfortunately the car is still not ’sealed’ I can still hear outside noises as if there is a hole somewhere. Tire noise is reduced a bit, but not worthwhile of a upgrade to that. I live in Finland, and our tarmac/asphalt is extremely rough after winter, so tire noise is the default complaint here..

View attachment 1053180New is on left and old right
View attachment 1053181Old
View attachment 1053182New, different connectors than old one
View attachment 1053183Part number of the seal itself, but sadly not found on epc.tesla.com
View attachment 1053184Old gasket was D-shaped hardware store gasket, glued in place.
View attachment 1053186New seal around old glass, fitmet is not ideal on the bottom, but it is hidden when door is closed.
View attachment 1053185Looks OEM when door is closed.

Price was 326€ for the assembly, for me this is starting to be a bit much. If it would be drop-in replacement I would have bought the passenger side also, but this is too much work. I am keeping the hardware store gasket on that side until I can find the original gasket seperately, maybe when new models are totaled I can get one from junkyard etc. I still don’t have rear seals ( C-pillar ), I cannot find them from tesla parts catalog, hardware store gasket is there until I find them.

As of functionality. There is no wind noise ! Atleast from the doors anyway (there is some wind noise coming from the top glass). Unfortunately the car is still not ’sealed’ I can still hear outside noises as if there is a hole somewhere. Tire noise is reduced a bit, but not worthwhile of a upgrade to that. I live in Finland, and our tarmac/asphalt is extremely rough after winter, so tire noise is the default complaint here..
Thanks for the pictures, looks okay with the D-shaped gasket.

What size D-shape gasket did you use?