Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Press Kit published, then pulled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears to have been changed again.
This.

The latest version (#3?) of picture 1 of the presskit -- now also picture 1 of the blog post -- seems to confirm the "no bottom clock or temperature" theory, and (perhaps) is responding to the feedback of "why show the clock widget?" from TMC.

Also of note is that this power widget has different values (300, 150, 75, 0, -50) from what we saw previously (400, 200, 100, 0, -50). Perhaps this latest image is from a non-P vehicle.

Another random observation: This time CC is set to exactly match the speed limit sign. Perhaps that was in response to some feedback here too. ;)

It appears to have been changed again.

I was very happy to see the clock and temp in earlier pictures, but now worried that they're likely not actually there. Tesla changed the pic again on their blog announcement. This time, the beta version of the energy meter is there instead of the analog clock, but there is still no time or temp reading showing. Looks like they had the right idea, and then took it away for some reason. Really hope they don't make us wait for 7.1 just to add back a stupid clock and temp display!

Regarding the power meter...

We should probably start a poll: Tell me what you think the power consumption is for this image?

Model S Autopilot Press Kit | Tesla Motors
press01_autopilot.jpg

One guess...
- it's in the range (0, 75)kW [otherwise the UI is broken, IMO]
- if it's "somewhat like exponential", then it's in the range (0, 37.5)
- because it's orange I'm guessing it's in the range (30, infinity)

I'm going to guess 32 kW. If so, that would put the Wh/mi around 500 in the middle chart. So that's probably wrong.

Solving from 292 ... you get just under 19 kW. I would definitely not have guessed 19 kW from the position of the orange arc.

I've driven Model S since November 2012. It shouldn't be this difficult for a Model S veteran to read the display. Maybe I need more sleep.

OMg! We really are like kids at Christmas waiting to see what Santa will bring, aren't we? So cool and juvenile at the same time. Oh, the problems of the 1%.:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the power meter...

We should probably start a poll: Tell me what you think the power consumption is for this image?

Model S Autopilot Press Kit | Tesla Motors
View attachment 97826

One guess...
- it's in the range (0, 75)kW [otherwise the UI is broken, IMO]
- if it's "somewhat like exponential", then it's in the range (0, 37.5)
- because it's orange I'm guessing it's in the range (30, infinity)

I'm going to guess 32 kW.
I would have guessed 30kW, but then I see that the 75-150 distance looks the same as the 150-300 and that's confusing to my brain. Is it not to scale? Maybe an artist's rendering? I do know I would love to see those Wh/mile numbers on my car! But, I am having too much fun at the moment with L mode.

Tough crowd for U.I. changes.

I wonder which is worse for a developer, non-tech users who don't want any changes or techies who are certain they could do it better?

At least they don't have a top boss testing their work and providing feedback....

"Ah, take one consideration with another,
The developer's lot is not a happy one!"

I wonder which is worse for a developer, non-tech users who don't want any changes or techies who are certain they could do it better?
Worse: The former. Not doing changes means you're unemployed. Or, at least, you're only employed doing stability fixes and such rather than doing anything "new".

Actionable feedback is quite desirable. Generic "meh" isn't.

For the most part, I've seen "here's what wrong, and here's a way to make it better" feedback offered. (And tried to offer it myself.)

Worse: The former. Not doing changes means you're unemployed. Or, at least, you're only employed doing stability fixes and such rather than doing anything "new".

Actionable feedback is quite desirable. Generic "meh" isn't.

For the most part, I've seen "here's what wrong, and here's a way to make it better" feedback offered. (And tried to offer it myself.)
True enough, most points have been constructive, but man there are a lot of them!

Hopefully someone is filtering the feedback and setting block point releases.