Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoLock Doors When Driving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading manual and I don't see where it says. Can't imagine this not being offered since almost EVERY car has it. Most other cars offer an option to turn off/on. So in Tesla's they just lock by default/no menu toggle (fine as long as it does) as you drive off? So just not working for the OP or....?

I couldn't find it in the manual, but they definitely lock when you are driving. The manual states:
"To make it convenient to pick up passengers, you can also unlock all doors at any time by shifting into Park then pressing the Park button a second time" which implies the auto-lock, since you have to manually unlock the doors to pick up a passenger (I do this frequently picking my daughter up from school.)

• Informative
Reactions: Tron 3
I have an S, not a 3, but my doors autolock when driving. The lock/unlock icon on the display changes. I vaguely recall a setting for that in the menus somewhere. If so, it may have gotten turned off on your car for some reason.