Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I purchased my M3 two years ago, the climate controls were the bee's knees. Being able to start both heating and cooling from the phone and having the interior temperature heat or cool so quickly meant never getting into an oven or icebox again.

Fast-forward two years and it's all hogwash. "Auto" has ruined the experience. In every case, "auto" tends to imply that I'll have to fidget with the controls very frequently while driving. What a hassle.

First and foremost - auto seat heaters. In no circumstance will my car ever know whether or not I want heat on my butt and/or how many bacons. Okay, I suppose there could be *one* circumstance - neuralink... but I'll never accept the mark of the beast, they'll have to cut my head off.

The only "auto" that the software initially had for me (v10) was for fan speed control, and that was perfect.

Now, the car wants to control *where* the vents point, and far too often it points at the windshield for no good reason (when it's totally clear, and I'd be happy to manually enable/disable defrost as needed).

The worst part is that changing the vent direction disengages "auto", which means manually controlling fan speed. Enabling "auto" again then *also* enables auto seat heaters... I CAN'T WIN!!!

It feels like an endless game of fidgeting. I'm so very over it. I want control to write my own UI. Tesla be damned, I'm just not sure I ever want to own one again.

Another issue - I often preheat the car... usually 10 or 15 minutes in advance on HI with heated seats, but when I get in the car, the seats are cold and the seat heaters are off. Sometimes the vents are not very warm as well... however this issue is inconsistent - one time it seems to work, another the seats are cold and the cabin is tepid.

Thanks for reading. I feel better now (not really though).

but I'll never accept the mark of the beast, they'll have to cut my head off.
I highly doubt that if you aren't "caught up" in the church rapture prior to the start of the "great tribulation" that you will be able to resist the "son of man" and his mandatory "mark". This "world leader" will have authority over everyone and every thing for a short period of time until the return of the Messiah and the church to sit on the throne in Jerusalem and all Heaven and earth will be under His rule.

I highly doubt that if you aren't "caught up" in the church rapture prior to the start of the "great tribulation" that you will be able to resist the "son of man" and his mandatory "mark". This "world leader" will have authority over everyone and every thing for a short period of time until the return of the Messiah and the church to sit on the throne in Jerusalem and all Heaven and earth will be under His rule.
You got it all wrong. Anyway, back on track... the climate controls suck!!

"I highly doubt that if you aren't "caught up" in the church rapture prior to the start of the "great tribulation" that you will be able to resist the "son of man" and his mandatory "mark". This "world leader" will have authority over everyone and every thing for a short period of time until the return of the Messiah and the church to sit on the throne in Jerusalem and all Heaven and earth will be under His rule."

OK, will somebody explain to this life long non-believer wtf this quote is all about??? I've never believed in super heros (Batman, Superman, etc) or any kind of supreme being (god(s), allah, buddah, etc), What is this "great tribulation", this "son of man", this "mark", etc.? Is all this from that book called the bible, or is it from the latest travel comics piece of cinema cr*p?

I have to agree that auto climate is generally a joke. The worst thing is the shoulder seasons. Nothing like getting in a nice, cool car in the late spring, that has been in the shade, and…the heat comes on. Oh, well I’ll just disable the heat—that energy sucking electric coil that kills range—but…there’s no heater off button! Wha???

And let’s not forget the auto wipers. They’re actually great at automatically making my clean windows dirty!

Let me be clear though: while the auto stuff isn’t any good, the M3 is awesome overall. Love it. But it’s a game overcoming its limitations and bugs. A game you kind of have to enjoy, at least a little, engaging in, or your experience with it will suffer. This is what happens when you drive a spaceship while everyone else is in a Model T.

Enjoy the ride!

"I highly doubt that if you aren't "caught up" in the church rapture prior to the start of the "great tribulation" that you will be able to resist the "son of man" and his mandatory "mark". This "world leader" will have authority over everyone and every thing for a short period of time until the return of the Messiah and the church to sit on the throne in Jerusalem and all Heaven and earth will be under His rule."

OK, will somebody explain to this life long non-believer wtf this quote is all about??? I've never believed in super heros (Batman, Superman, etc) or any kind of supreme being (god(s), allah, buddah, etc), What is this "great tribulation", this "son of man", this "mark", etc.? Is all this from that book called the bible, or is it from the latest travel comics piece of cinema cr*p?
Everyone is entitled to their own favorite delusion. Some are more elaborate than others.
As long as they don't impose it onto others.

That post contains elements from the Book of Revelation, the final book of the Christian Bible. The "Son of Man" actually refers to Jesus Christ though, so that's wrong in the post.

The book itself describes the events that will occur at the end of this world. The earth will be destroyed by fire and all manors of natural disasters. An antichrist will be given power by the heads of governments, and will cause all people to accept a "mark" on their hand or forehead in order to participate in the economy. Many people believe that mark will be an implant.

Those that believe that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, and accept the forgiveness of that act of atonement will be taken from the earth in "the blink of an eye" (twinkling, actually).

As foolish as it may all sound to many people (or most even), with each successive generation the history of mankind tracks closer and closer to this reality.

Many people believe that time is coming soon, and even non-believers seem to agree (global climate catastrophe, anyone?) All Bible prophecy has come true, in astounding detail - even things that at one point seemed no longer possible, with the exception of those things which have not yet happened.

Now while I'm still on this earth, I'd really like to get these climate controls squared away. Anyone have a friend on the inside of Tesla's software division?

I am with you on this. I had a better auto functionality in my 2006 BMW. I don't get it, the vents it chooses are nearly always the wrong ones, the idea of controlling seat heaters automatically is simply preposterous. Then I tap to switch vents, auto goes off, everything changes and results in me tapping all over the screen trying to achieve what I want. Which is a mildly comfortable drive.
Interestingly, when I choose the front vents, it blows colder air from them as it does through the lower vents. The difference in temperature is noticeable... I'm not sure if it has something to do with how the directionality of the front vents themselves work. More probably something's wrong with my car.

All Bible prophecy has come true, in astounding detail - even things that at one point seemed no longer possible, with the exception of those things which have not yet happened.
This statement is trivially true for any prophecy from anywhere that is not time-limited or otherwise proven can never happen.

For example, if a prophet says that "Tesla will make automatic climate control satisfactory for all customers", there is no way to prove that this can never happen, so it will fall under the "exception of those things which have not yet happened" even though it is not currently true.