Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I missed you!

I think as long as the camera above the mirror can see your eyes you are all good.
I had long stretches on my recent trip to victoria with no nags.
If you look down it nags, so just leave your fly undone until you stop. Er, i mean keep your eyes on the road :)
Miss you too mate.

Glad to hear. Mostly driving with sunnies on which helps I guess.

Might paint some eyes on my lids for a quick nap here and there. Lol

Reactions: dronus
i only qualify for the stamp duty rebate which I submitted the application for last Saturday. I think it takes 5-15 working days to process. Checked a few hrs ago and status is still “submitted”.

Not aware of any other rebates, not for NSW anyways.
Ohh yeah i think thats what happened here too, stamp duty.
Ill ask my NL guys

Weird, i got this message on my screen

IMG_9503.jpeg

And this song started playing…. Ive never heard of it…

IMG_9502.jpeg

Maybe thats why the dealers are not pushing to sell EV's as hard as ICE cars, as the dealers make the majority of their profits from servicing and parts.

That’s exactly why legacy dealers hate selling EVs. There is no juicy trailing revenue stream.

Our Nissan LEAF has had virtually nothing go wrong with it in 9 years apart from normal wear and tear items. The one thing that failed was the diverter valve for the wiper washer. That’s it.

We now take it to an independent mechanic for annual rego inspection after Nissan’s scheduled servicing invoice listed line items including (I kid you not):
  • Inspect clutch
  • Adjust intake and exhaust valve clearance
  • Inspect radiator cap
  • Check fuel filter
  • Replace engine oil
  • Inspect drive belts
  • Inspect idling speed
  • Inspect differential oil
🙄

On my recent trip over to victoria i worked out that all of the dogs supplies fit inside this small suitcase, and the suitcase fit perfectly in the frunk.
This made it super easy when pulling in to charge stops to not have to dig around in the boot, but just pop the frunk to grab his water and water bowl, toys etc.

Very handy!

IMG_9516.jpeg

Picked up mine today overall the car seems good so far. Looks great and very smooth to drive. Effortless power. Stalks and touch screen biggest storm in a tea cup - pretty easy to get used to.

Unfortunately unlike the rest of you I got a poorly aligned LED strip and door on both sides which has left me a bit disappointed for a $75k car. Which has left me a little flat. I’ve logged a service call but concerned whether they will take it seriously or not.

Attachments

• IMG_7395.jpeg
    IMG_7395.jpeg
    943.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7397.jpeg
    IMG_7397.jpeg
    740.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7396.jpeg
    IMG_7396.jpeg
    598.5 KB · Views: 21
Picked up mine today overall the car seems good so far. Looks great and very smooth to drive. Effortless power. Stalks and touch screen biggest storm in a tea cup - pretty easy to get used to.

Unfortunately unlike the rest of you I got a poorly aligned LED strip and door on both sides which has left me a bit disappointed for a $75k car. Which has left me a little flat. I’ve logged a service call but concerned whether they will take it seriously or not.
Am i recalling that its dual motor versions with that led alignment issue?

That blue looks awesome. Turn the light off until they look at it and enjoy the other 99% good bits

Reactions: Jules22
Am i recalling that its dual motor versions with that led alignment issue?

That blue looks awesome. Turn the light off until they look at it

Not sure it’s LR only - seems to be random but just bit disappointing. Already had to turn it off! Fingers crossed they can do something. Shame as otherwise seems all good!

Will let you all know how it goes in case anyone else has the same in the future.

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
Alignment of interior door card has nothing to do with the number of motors.
Yeah that doesn't look acceptable. Hopefully they can adjust it easily enough.
Obviously it has nothing to specifically with the number of motors but the only people reporting it that i could recall all had dual motor varients, thus i was alluding to maybe a batch issue or the like.

Reactions: Jules22