Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those lucky enough to have their cars - how is the alignment of your LED strips between the doors and the dashboard? Have been watching too many US reviews where some are pretty out of whack. Not sure if they can be adjusted.

Tried to bring mine forward but only gets moved to Chatswood that week.. Jelous!

Reactions: dronus and Tesl3on
For those lucky enough to have their cars - how is the alignment of your LED strips between the doors and the dashboard? Have been watching too many US reviews where some are pretty out of whack. Not sure if they can be adjusted.

Tried to bring mine forward but only gets moved to Chatswood that week.. Jelous!
Your car is supplied out of the china factory, not the USA factory

Tried submitting a bug report with mixed success

IMG_9074.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: avfc1982

I cant see sny problems with mine.
US production is a bit more hit and miss

Yeh I noticed plenty of US complaints, but thankfully mine are perfect here

Ohh i just remembered the other reason that 2024 firmware would be handy - having the 3rd party chargers available in navigation. I dont know most of these victorian towns too well so would be handy to have without having to look at my phone

Sentry will use about 1% every three hours, and the aircon obviously depends on the weather, the temperature you've set it to and whether it's parked out in the sun or undercover in the shade. Can easily use a fair bit - check the Parked tab of the energy app.

Rather than leaving the aircon on for 30 minutes, use the app to turn it on 5 minutes before you get back to the car.
So here's the screen shots after I investigated the energy section.

It seems most of the drainage happened whilst parked. Only 12.5% actual driving.

Attachments

• 20240215_195728.jpg
    20240215_195728.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240215_195753.jpg
    20240215_195753.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 14
It seems most of the drainage happened whilst parked. Only 12.5% actual driving.

Sentry is an absolute power hog. I only use it when my car is parked in the dodgiest of locations. So maybe a couple of times a year.

Having the AC on all the time, or using COP, is another way to use up lots of power. I never have COP turned on, if it is really hot, I’ll vent the windows. The most I will do is turn the AC on remotely a few minutes before getting back to the car.

And as others have mentioned, stop waking your car up by checking the App. It’s still where you left it 😄