Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't find a ready to use kms driven since last charge in app or screen. But you can easily get that info by resetting the trip a or trip b counter.
It's on the car screen, swipe left on the bit that shows the current track playing on the sound system:

PXL_20240212_002021445.jpg

Thanks mate, yes I think I'll get used to it over time. I prefer to not have it plugged in all the time, and just charge it fully using solar once a week on weekend, since I have panels to get the "free charge" happening.

My electricity plan suited for Solar, so it would cost me more plugging it in to 100% every night, so I prefer to do weekly.

Will see how it goes this week, charged to 100% sunday, now Monday I'm at 92%, so by next Sunday will see % left and kms done.

P.S is there a section either on the app or screen in car to see the actual kms driven since last my charge ?
I’ve charged this way for years. I only plug in when I can harvest free solar…although it costs me the tiny feed in tarif.

Has anyone purchased Highland floor mats from Tessories? If so, how do you rate them? Delivery is fast approaching early next week and I have 0 accessories except the UMC
I think UMC or any $80-120 single phase 10-15a CCS charger is the only accessory you need to fully enjoy your car from my experience. I ordered some but didn't use any of those other than my 15a charger set to 10a plugging into an AC outlet once a week. I have a 7kw free charging at work, but used only once to test and set up the app as most other days I had enough and didn't bother to top up.

It already comes with free basic mats. So you can defer any mat purchase until those are spoiled or have enough cash which you don't know where to throw at.

Trunk and door side carpet protectors are useful. but then if you be carefull to not step on the edge with dirty shoes then not that of an urgent issue.

If you shop a lot of things from fridge then just buy a large towel and lay it on the trunk or try to separate leaky things and use frunk for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Has anyone purchased Highland floor mats from Tessories? If so, how do you rate them? Delivery is fast approaching early next week and I have 0 accessories except the UMC

@Jules22 could set up a daytime solar charging station for during the day haha

The supplied floor mats are pretty cheap, i pulked them straight out and put them in a garbage bag, then put that in the shed.
Ive found it really handy with the weisshorn ones being able to lift them out and tip all the pubes onto the bike path or into the McDonalds bin. Highly recommended getting something, esp if you have kids.

Ive been using my umc quite a bit in the shed but glad i put a 32 socket in, a few times ive only just been able to top up overnight as our off peak starts at 1am snd finishes at 6.
Ill go to the WC once the driveway doesnt have so many other cars on it… thats 32a too.
Windscreen shade snd maybe roof shades maybe for your list too :)

But currently the weather is harsh at most places and A/C is working hard. Unlike power going to the drive motors the power going to AC won't stop in stop-start traffic and is directly proportional to amount of time spent in the vehicle. Also it takes a lot of power to get the vehicle start moving than to sustain the momentum, so the no of stop-start and quick acceleration counts even though quick deceleration induces regen. Yes of-course energy app nicely shows these statistics clearly.

Also note that the seat ventilation in this car is a game changer. I have noticed that in most cases the AC can be switched off with just seat ventilation and that add quite a lot of range to the anxiety induced.

Question on this, can we set aircond to off, so everytime I come in to the car it's off and if I want to then I can I turn it on?

As for example mornings heading to work it turns on and blasts a/c which is unnecessary since mornings are already cool enough.