Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also have you installed any accessories that plug into the car at all?

Hrmm what do you mean? Just the UMC which I plug in at home for charging, nothing else

Only other thing maybe trigger? I leave my wallet in the car with the Tesla card key inside the wallet whilst at work as no need to carry my wallet around with me at work, so I leave it in the car inside the console, could this randomly affect stuff?

as my Tesla meant to be charging at 10amp on normal powerpoint but its only charging at 8amp, read somewhere setting charge limit under current charge rate and waiting and puttint it back to 100% fixes and forces UMC to update to 10amp but it hasn't done so yet.
I've read that the UMC firmware won't update when connected to the highland. You have to connect it to an older car. I believe Telsa service centre will do it for you, however should be fixed with a future update.

Reactions: Mes1
Hrmm what do you mean? Just the UMC which I plug in at home for charging, nothing else

Only other thing maybe trigger? I leave my wallet in the car with the Tesla card key inside the wallet whilst at work as no need to carry my wallet around with me at work, so I leave it in the car inside the console, could this randomly affect stuff?
You leave the ‘key’ in the car? If so you may want to check your insurance policy for doing that, most make your insurance void regsrdless of the lock status.

You leave the ‘key’ in the car? If so you may want to check your insurance policy for doing that, most make your insurance void regsrdless of the lock status.
I Only do this at work so yeah if the car got stolen at work well I have no grounds to claim...

..But it won't, it's a school with security gates and cameras, and I monitor the cameras myself 😉

hey all on another note, is there a UMC update or something? as my Tesla meant to be charging at 10amp on normal powerpoint but its only charging at 8amp, read somewhere setting charge limit under current charge rate and waiting and puttint it back to 100% fixes and forces UMC to update to 10amp but it hasn't done so yet.

Any ideas?
Try charging to a limit. Think I charged to 90% on ours and it then updated.

Looks incredible mate!

Glad to see everyone enjoying their cars
Thanks man cant get enough driving it.

One pedal driving where have you been all my life!

My kids refuse to go in our family diesel SUV 7seater now haha they just want the Tesla all the time. Bloody only said 10,000 kms to nrma annually, this was meant to be the "me" 2nd car 🤣

Ah well win win more driving for me

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
hey guys weird thing started happening, i'm using phone key (s23 ultra) and its been working fine up until few days ago, maybe the new update which got installed caused this bug

Previously, my phone sitting back pocket of my jeans, I walk up to the locked car, try and open the driver door and it opens and I get in.

Now when I try it doesn't unlock

However when I try it on the rear passanger door it works

I've restarted phone, put in flight mode on off, ensured battery access is unrestricted so it never sleeps the Tesla app

Last resort perhaps delete phone key and re-set it up

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
hey guys weird thing started happening, i'm using phone key (s23 ultra) and its been working fine up until few days ago, maybe the new update which got installed caused this bug

Previously, my phone sitting back pocket of my jeans, I walk up to the locked car, try and open the driver door and it opens and I get in.

Now when I try it doesn't unlock

However when I try it on the rear passanger door it works

I've restarted phone, put in flight mode on off, ensured battery access is unrestricted so it never sleeps the Tesla app

Last resort perhaps delete phone key and re-set it up
i had a similar thing but it was to do with a setting in the locks section to do with driver door unlocking. Might not be related but maybe toggle that on/off ?

Reactions: Mes1
  • Love
Reactions: jeevas123 and Mes1