Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would assume it states 2023 as that's the year of production/order year. Or have you placed the order in the last week? Also, what variant did you go with? :)
Ah yes i placed order December 21st, Highland Model 3 RWD Blue with black interior on 18s.

it will say 2023 there but further down it will say MT351 which indicates highland

Gotcha, thanks Dronus
You should have a build date there too.

Yep I see it now, build date is 11 December, so thats fine then, thanks guys!

Reactions: dronus
I felt better doing a quick look over as i wanted to raise anything biggish before we left.

4 years ago, my car was delivered without the Aero wheel covers. I pointed it out to them and they hurriedly found some and put them on. I consider that fairly “biggish” but was more astonished that a car could be presented to me to drive away without them on.

Just going thru the manual and while it doesnt explicitly say it, i take it DAB+ radio is available?

Yes, every Model 3 and Y delivered to Australia has DAB+ radio. The interesting thing is, it wasn’t initially active in the first 9 months of Model 3 deliveries. The radio hardware capability was there, but the car software would not look for or detect DAB+ radio stations.

It wasn’t until a software update in May 2020 that DAB+ was activated in all vehicles. You can read about it in this thread:

Yes, every Model 3 and Y delivered to Australia has DAB+ radio. The interesting thing is, it wasn’t initially active in the first 9 months of Model 3 deliveries. The radio hardware capability was there, but the car software would not look for or detect DAB+ radio stations.

It wasn’t until a software update in May 2020 that DAB+ was activated in all vehicles. You can read about it in this thread:

Awesome, thank you! 🙏

There are a number of Homelink threads in this forum including the one below. However early Model S cars did not come with the Homelink module and Tesla won’t sell you one. As a 2014 Model S owner, ask me how I know. 🤬

There are a number of Homelink threads in this forum including the one below. However early Model S cars did not come with the Homelink module and Tesla won’t sell you one. As a 2014 Model S owner, ask me how I know. 🤬
Thank you very much for the link!

Have any of you guys with m3h given autopilot a good test?
Im curious about the start/stop in traffic especially. Personally, i like driving the car myself but am really interested to hear how it performs.
When i test drove the non highland it was a little slow on take off.

Have any of you guys with m3h given autopilot a good test?
Im curious about the start/stop in traffic especially. Personally, i like driving the car myself but am really interested to hear how it performs.
When i test drove the non highland it was a little slow on take off.
Also interested. When stopped in traffic, does it require driver input to resume when traffic starts to flow?

So a thought woke me up at 4am so this is probably the place to ask it.
This is my first car with a huge sunroof.
In winter, are there any issues with condensation on the inside of the glass? Are there airvents to dry it like a windscreen or should you keep a microfibre towel handy?
Obviously i overthink everything!