Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just on the Enhance Auto discord reading the S3XY knob feedback.
This was a genuine discussion, even though most of it was on 1-Apr - the initial question was asked on 31-Mar. people discussing protection for their knobs and also comparing sizes…🤣 yes, I’m a child 😁
IMG_1190.jpeg

IMG_1189.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: dronus and AusMar
Plus that guys voice annoys me.

And that other guy that was popular during the highland build up.

Sensationalising everything and finishing every sentence with an upwards inflection.

And the way they say what you should expect or think - as soon as someone says that to me I zone out haha

I hit the online shops a.d bought some accessories the other day. Puncture repair kit, tint for the headlights a.d tail lights, interior camera cover, mud flaps and the jack pads. Now I need the car, thinking that if it docks in melbourne on may 1st, hoping I get it around 3 weeks later

I hit the online shops a.d bought some accessories the other day. Puncture repair kit, tint for the headlights a.d tail lights, interior camera cover, mud flaps and the jack pads. Now I need the car, thinking that if it docks in melbourne on may 1st, hoping I get it around 3 weeks later
Out of curiosity why would one tint the headlights?

Mine on the stealth grey almost look tinted when you look at them.

So it’s a cosmetic thing? I can get why you might put clear ppf on them to protect them but to lower the light output or change the light refraction seemed counterintuitive.
100% for aesthetics, and in urban areas with plenty of street lights, the impact on light output or refraction isn't as critical I presume. The cosmetic appeal outweighs any potential drawbacks then :D

100% for aesthetics, and in urban areas with plenty of street lights, the impact on light output or refraction isn't as critical I presume. The cosmetic appeal outweighs any potential drawbacks then :D

Well, gonne give them a try for complete blacking of car. The website claims minimal loss of light intensity. If it loses brightness by having them on, then off they come. Saw it on a black car on the fb tesla page. My wife loved the look
Ha do whatever makes you happy I guess :)

Not sure if the popo would defect it tho or what insurance would say though 🤷

Any tint on the headlights or taillights is grounds for a defect, however from a safety perspective the most important thing is how the tint affects the light output. I feel like insurance would be a pain.
I’m seeing so many people driving around in the early hours without headlights on at all , or just the daytime running lights. So dangerous.. and they seem oblivious

Reactions: Tesl3on
I’m seeing so many people driving around in the early hours without headlights on at all , or just the daytime running lights. So dangerous.. and they seem oblivious
Yep, scary how some people don’t even realise there’s no light emitting from their headlights. The light output from the model 3 is amazing, even without the adaptive headlights activated.

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
Any tint on the headlights or taillights is grounds for a defect
It all comes down to who and when really. On a previous motorbike I changed the rear indicators from an orange casing with a clear globe, to an orange globe with clear casing. Rode it for years no problem. One day I got lit up and pulled over to be told my indicators weren’t legal. They have to be a clear globe with orange case 🤷‍♂️ Was easy to put the stock covers back on but rules are rules.

Reactions: dronus
It all comes down to who and when really. On a previous motorbike I changed the rear indicators from an orange casing with a clear globe, to an orange globe with clear casing. Rode it for years no problem. One day I got lit up and pulled over to be told my indicators weren’t legal. They have to be a clear globe with orange case 🤷‍♂️ Was easy to put the stock covers back on but rules are rules.
Yeah I’d rather fly under the radar and not give them any excuse to look into my aliexpress shopping history.. I’m probably singlehadedly supporting a few families in PRC haha.

• Funny
Reactions: Tesl3on
Yeah, you’re more likely to get done by a traffic/motorbike patrol. I drove a modified WRX for 7 years and luckily never got done.

Reactions: Mugster