Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tint tomorrow.

Window before shot

IMG_8903.jpeg

The same.
Here in Sydney, the Postie dropped it off just one day after customs clearance...

Out of box experience is not wonderful - no instructions, no labels. Just the item in a plastic bag in a box with a few cable ties. But it all looks pretty simple. And I have hundreds of extra cable ties and velcro straps kicking around here to make a good job of it.

Reactions: dronus
Anyone have recommendations for a tinter in inner west Sydney (or surrounds)?

I got my tint done by a mobile tinter, but the quality of the job is setting off my OCD. Not sure if I should just deal with it or pay more to get it done properly. :/

Tint tomorrow.

Window before shot

View attachment 1016144
Dropped car off. The guy said they did a new tesla the same yesterday, was that anyone here?
Chatting with the uber driver on the way home, he said he had his tint done on his new kia sorrento there and they did an excellent job. The uber inspection specifies the quality of tints etc and it passed with flying colours so that is reassuring.
I put it into valet mode, hope that was right.

Probably OK for window tinting, but you generally don't want to use valet mode when it's getting work done on it. In particular any detailing or paint work because it means they can't open the frunk.
Uh oh, maybe i shouldnt have ? Might call them and see if they need it opened... ?

retrospectively i could have created a profile for them to use...

If i gave them my valet code can i change it later?

My Highland 'Frunk' suction lock thingy arrived today (AliExpress). https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006442764395.html

Video suggests that the sucking mechanism in Highland (compared to Y and pre-Highland 3) is simpler and easier to install (see video). Now I just need the car to install it into. 15 days.

View attachment 1016136

Not sure that I can match @dronus for pre-purchased accessories, but I must be close:
  • boot liner inc trays for sub-boot and front boot
  • suction thingy
  • under-seat vent covers
  • rear screen protector
  • lifting pucks
  • UMC
  • shopping bag hook for boot
  • boxes and lids for rear corners of boot
  • boot lip protective cover
  • protective covers for carpet on front door sills
  • S3XY Knob and a couple of buttons
  • 'Slime' brand tyre repair kit inc compressor/inflator.
I think that's all. Not all of it is here yet, but it's all locked in.

Still interested in a mini-display to give me speedo straight ahead. (I wear multifocals, and off to the side is not the best for looking without turning head a bit.) But none of the usual manufacturers seem to have brought this to market yet for Highland. (Don't really want one of the big units that have Chinese-quality large graphics and that block the ventilation.)
Mine just got delivered. Really well packed and it looks pretty schmick.
No instructions either but i think the listing had instructions from memory.

Might give it a crack tonight after i pick the car up from the tinting

Guys, how did you solve the soft tissue box problem? Where to store it?
I use this

IMG_9224.jpeg

IMG_9225.jpeg

Reactions: AlexPotter