Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: TE5L4 and dronus
Because of stuff you've noticed since having the car? Or were you always considering it?
I think the prospect of going on a 2000+ km road trip in a week old car got me thinking more about it haha.
Just takes one DH in front of you to put their wheels over the lines and flick up rocks, and they wont even know or care about what happens behind them

Reactions: Tony Soprano
I think the prospect of going on a 2000+ km road trip in a week old car got me thinking more about it haha.
Just takes one DH in front of you to put their wheels over the lines and flick up rocks, and they wont even know or care about what happens behind them
Yeah, I'm going to look into ceramic/ppf when I get the windows tinted.

I'm not sure about PPF though, as my understanding is that it only lasts a certain number of years and the cost is almost as much as a re-paint anyhow (at least that is my limited understanding, plan to look into it further).

Reactions: dronus
And sn old skool “car bra” wouldnt do wonders for the aerodynamics im guessing
haha, yeah, nah

The 2020 M3 I hired did have PPF only on the front section, but it was a home job and you could clearly see where it ended, looked horrible, I don't know if the pro's can do it properly and make it not look so ####, I might consider something like that.

Reactions: dronus
Really like them. Trying to cancel the order from Crazyvictor in eBay now and separate scuff plates from Ali. If both will be successful, I am in 🤪

I've done as much research as I can online and with sir @dronus help in regards to the differences of Mats in the Highland vs old M3 and from what I can see, the only differences occur in the frunk and trunk but the footwell area is exactly the same so I think I will be ordering these too.

Yeah, I'm going to look into ceramic/ppf when I get the windows tinted.

I'm not sure about PPF though, as my understanding is that it only lasts a certain number of years and the cost is almost as much as a re-paint anyhow (at least that is my limited understanding, plan to look into it further).
From extensive discussions I decided to not go with PPF for this reason. PPF needs to be replaced every few years or it will look shabby. The cost of an entire respray was less than the cost of the PPF and it will look just as shoddy from a rock impact (some self heal, but that is mostly bullshit I believe).

All in all, not worth it from my research. I am sure someone will come in and tell me exactly how I am wrong now :p

From extensive discussions I decided to not go with PPF for this reason. PPF needs to be replaced every few years or it will look shabby. The cost of an entire respray was less than the cost of the PPF and it will look just as shoddy from a rock impact (some self heal, but that is mostly bullshit I believe).

All in all, not worth it from my research. I am sure someone will come in and tell me exactly how I am wrong now :p
Good news. My AliExpress order was cancelled and Crazyvictor replied checking if I really want to cancel the order so hopefully I will get my money back. I also did some homework and found those guys:

Who seems if not producing them, at least main distributor here. I wrote them a message and ask if the matts are compatible. No reply yet
1000007368.jpg

Good news. My AliExpress order was cancelled and Crazyvictor replied checking if I really want to cancel the order so hopefully I will get my money back. I also did some homework and found those guys:

Who seems if not producing them, at least main distributor here. I wrote them a message and ask if the matts are compatible. No reply yet View attachment 1016051
Forgot to mention - they are giving 8% discount so before the postage looks the same or cheaper then Amazon?