Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at getting a sunshade for my upcoming model3.
Anyone have experience with either of these:

ebay X-car branded from seller crazyvictor:

Aliexpress Luckeasy branded

went grocery shopping today and just realised no bag hooks wtf! hah so anyone know if any ali express ones work in the m3 highland?

frunk and boot ones if possible, any idea?

Cheers
IMG_8827.jpeg

Reactions: jeevas123 and Mes1
Yes, whatever you get after searching "model 3 trunk hook" (aluminium or plastic) works for highland too.. just get one as there is one screw usable by default
ah found it, thats good well 1 hook better than none, yeah frunk doesn't really need its small enough to fit bag in there which doesnt move about, and the hook is a 3 in 1 for the boot

Just wish there was another screw to fit one for each side hey :)

Reactions: dronus
Has snyone got sny experience fitting the screen protectors?
Ive got them ready to go, just creating a scope of work
Yes. done many times but not on a car.

Idea is spray some mist upwards first so that all the particles in air get wet and come down, make sure your fingers are washed moist so that no chance of any particle emission during apply. Then it is just aligning the sheet of plastic to the glass and then use an old credit card wrapped in soft cloth and squeeze all the air bubles out to the nearest side.

Reactions: dronus
Yes. done many times but not on a car.

Idea is spray some mist upwards first so that all the particles in air get wet and come down, make sure your fingers are washed moist so that no chance of any particle emission during apply. Then it is just aligning the sheet of plastic to the glass and then use a old credit card wrapped in soft cloth and squeeze all the air bubles out to the nearest side.
Cheers, i have a history of ballsing it up, might even see if i can slip the window tinting guy some cash to do it, they would be good at it ;)

Reactions: jeevas123
Yeah sorry i was busy playing the buggy game. M6, but make it strong. Its in a weird spot too, would be good if it was further back but ohh well.
I bought 3 of them hoping there was 2 screws. Id keep a third as a spare. Pretty cheap online, but yeah if you are good with 3d printing im sure there is plans on thingyverse

I dont have an ABS setup, but I do have ASA which seems to hold up in the higher ambient temps. I have a bunch of inserts kicking around, will have to see if I have the correct size... if not will just use a washer and nut and see how it holds up.
I think ASA is even better than ABS for outdoor applications. Not sure about it's material behaviour over a period. But I think if you apply some glue while threading and be considerate about the weight of hanging goods then it can do very well.

And if I were you I would have gone for a road trip and paid @dronus a visit over a cappuccino and smoothly coerced him to part with one of his hook from his priced collection :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Moops
Yeah sorry i was busy playing the buggy game. M6, but make it strong. Its in a weird spot too, would be good if it was further back but ohh well.
I bought 3 of them hoping there was 2 screws. Id keep a third as a spare. Pretty cheap online, but yeah if you are good with 3d printing im sure there is plans on thingyverse
Bunch of them on Printables, will try and see what happens.. if it breaks I will complain to Tesla about it 😜