Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Deliveries of Model Y - All Windows Double Glazed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's 9 Oct 2023 and I'm about to order a MY RWD. Do the cars coming from China now have double-glazed windows front *and* rear? A guy down the road from me has double-glazed front windows but single-glazed rear door windows. He ordered his MY in Jan 2023 and took delivery around March 2023. Has anyone taken delivery recently as I believe both front and back windows are now double-glazed. I've asked the Tesla shop in Richmond (Melbourne) and they haven't a clue (aren't they supposed to be Subject Matter Experts??).

Thanks in Advance.

Front and rear double glazed but the rear windows have a thinner inside pane compared with the inside pane of the front

MYLR delivered 30Jun23

Front:
IMG_1300.jpeg

Read:
IMG_1301.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MrMister and dronus
Thanks but the double glazing without airspace looks like this:

Henry Ford was the first car manufacturer to use laminated glass, adding it onto all his vehicles between 1919-1929. Many other car manufacturers followed Ford by swapping to laminated glass, as it clearly became the safest and most suitable glass material for a windscreen.

I think it's been law in australia for a long time for windscreens - two pieces of glass with a layer of clear plastic between them - more like bullet proof glass than double glazing.