Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi R8 vs Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird I never noticed this thread before. I cross-shopped the R8 with the Roadster in the beginning. After seeing all that's gone on with the roadster and riding in one, I'm pretty happy I chose the R8. Definitely eager to get my hands on the Model S though.

As for the article, it was also posted on the R8 forums, and it was ironic, because I was considering doign an EV conversion on the R8 if/when the Model S ever comes in

Yes, I have known of 2 other Roadster owners who pulled out of the waiting list to get an R8.

If you wanted a Roadster because it was an EV, there is really no competition for it out there right now. If you wanted it solely or mostly because the Roadster was a sports car, the R8 is strong competition.

Your want for EV has to be pretty strong to choose a Roadster over other cars. They need to figure out how to lower the price more (and/or give you more for your money).

Yes, I have known of 2 other Roadster owners who pulled out of the waiting list to get an R8.

If you wanted a Roadster because it was an EV, there is really no competition for it out there right now. If you wanted it solely or mostly because the Roadster was a sports car, the R8 is strong competition.

Your want for EV has to be pretty strong to choose a Roadster over other cars. They need to figure out how to lower the price more (and/or give you more for your money).

Yeah, but the Roadster is no slouch. The quietness and full torque would be enough for me -- sadly, the waiting list, aesthetics, and interior (space and features) are what turned me off.

As far as price, the Roadster is actually cheaper than the R8

TEG, as for Audi's EV, I did see that thread, but it hinted at dinky stereotypical EVs instead of normal (or super) car EVs

Audi R8 / Tesla stack:
248d1242560858-arctic-white-over-red-blk-available-now-stacks-nicely.jpg

If they don't want to spend the money to get the DSG in it, why would they spend the money putting an electric drivetrain in?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it. Heck, I'd jump on it, but still...

At the LA rally the lunch conversation went to the R8. I mentioned that for a lot of people it was an either/or decision to buy an R8 or a Tesla. Of course I was sitting at a table full of Tesla owners so I knew their choice.

Then the guy across from me said he could not decide so he bought both. :smile:

Maybe he's TEG picture, He would be a CA owner but I don't remember his color.