Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attn PA Residents: PA State Inspection Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I recently got a Model 3 and will need to get it inspected. Tesla doesn't do that from what I understand so I have to go to a 3rd party. Any recommendations in York County or Adams County, PA would be appreciated. You gotta be careful with putting them on lifts or battery can be damaged I hear and I'm concerned about taking it into some random shop to have it done.

Thanks

Hi,

I recently got a Model 3 and will need to get it inspected. Tesla doesn't do that from what I understand so I have to go to a 3rd party. Any recommendations in York County or Adams County, PA would be appreciated. You gotta be careful with putting them on lifts or battery can be damaged I hear and I'm concerned about taking it into some random shop to have it done.

Thanks
Not sure about inspection but I would go to tesbros or Amazon and get the snap in lift/jack pads. As some/most places probably don’t have them. Will help prevent damage if you give them a good lifting point.

I got these:
Chirano Lifting Jack Pad for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084VTSDXK?

I also ended up getting the ones from tesbros as part of a bundle as was cheaper to get theirs with the other parts than it was to get just the other parts with out the pads so I have 2 sets that look virtually identical so they don’t scratch my car or cause damage in theory.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
Not sure about inspection but I would go to tesbros or Amazon and get the snap in lift/jack pads. As some/most places probably don’t have them. Will help prevent damage if you give them a good lifting point.

Please stop spreading FUD about Teslas and the jacking points.
Any half-competent shop fill find the clearly visible jacking points, and use them properly. Without the fluff pads.

Cheers!

Went to a Pep Boys to get a tire patched. Their website has a whole page about Teslas and the shops being EV Ready. They wouldn't even touch the car with the jack pads. Besides I was surprised they knew what they were doing, that they don't have the equipment as advertised to touch the car.
I suspect it has to do with liability. But even more mysteriously is the attitude on all of the threads on this board about the subject. Lots of odd assumptions that don't go into reality.

• Informative
Reactions: Blue Stuff
Went to a Pep Boys to get a tire patched. Their website has a whole page about Teslas and the shops being EV Ready. They wouldn't even touch the car with the jack pads. Besides I was surprised they knew what they were doing, that they don't have the equipment as advertised to touch the car.
I suspect it has to do with liability. But even more mysteriously is the attitude on all of the threads on this board about the subject. Lots of odd assumptions that don't go into reality.
I called around and a local Meineke did it for me. I guess I was overthinking it all, it’s just I’d read bad stories about places jacking it up wrong. I also got it all done free of charge too because they had to reschedule it, which saved me around $50