Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

As-Delivered shape of early serial # cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cars have been delivered, including mine. I honestly haven't even looked at my car in the daylight yet. I've been so busy. The car is sitting in the driveway until I can get it ceramic coated.

Just wondering what kind of quality issues have other early serial # owners observed?

I'll start. This was observed on the one time I saw the car, which was at 7:30pm on delivery night:

1) My map light trim panel is not secured to the roof skin. The left side just hangs down.

2) My passenger side exterior door handle is recessed way in the door compared to all the other doors.

I scheduled for service this weekend, so we'll see...
IMG_5504.jpg
IMG_5509.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Matsayz
Per a separate post:

VIN 23XX:
Right rear seat back loose (common issue);
right rear coat hook does not re-seat (common issue);
marred paint on hood, both upper front quarter panels, and on the bolts securing the hatch in the back.

No crazy rattles, curb rash, missing seat controls, or panel gaps/misalignment all that I have seen posted by others. Consider myself lucky.

SS

Just got mine, found some black gunk stuff on the front bumper, and inside white trim has stains on it all over the place...interior in general was very dirty but whatever all that stuff can be cleaned. Haven’t found anything major with outside panels/trim yet.

Tesla service came by Saturday and added the missing clips to re-secure the light panel/trim. The door handle is likely within spec. The guy took the interior door panel off to check that the handle was not loose. Not bad for such an early serial number car (29xx).

Well... my second attempt to get that passenger door handle flush failed.

A new door handle was ordered and a Mobile tech came to install it. Unfortunately, even the new handle doesn’t go in the door quite enough to make it flush. The old handle was put back and now my door has been disassembled/reassembled twice. Hope nothing rattles now and everything continues to work.

Delivered 16Mar
PMY VIN0008XX

Scratched side window glass driver side front/rear.

Cracked left rear interior pillar trim.
Soiled (grease) headliner above cracked pillar trim.

Scratch on side glass were noted at delivery center. Other defects were when at home the next day.

Same day I created appointment in app with pictures - proof of defect are found 100 miles from delivery day. Still waiting for parts/repair.

Delivered 16Mar
PMY VIN0008XX

Scratched side window glass driver side front/rear.

Cracked left rear interior pillar trim.
Soiled (grease) headliner above cracked pillar trim.

Scratch on side glass were noted at delivery center. Other defects were when at home the next day.

Same day I created appointment in app with pictures - proof of defect are found 100 miles from delivery day. Still waiting for parts/repair.

Bummer... I guess I should consider myself lucky.

VIN 10XX. The right rear (single) seat doesn’t flop forward when I pull the trigger in the rear cargo area. You can hear the mechanism working but the seat won’t fold without a little nudge. The left/middle works fine. That’s it. Otherwise the car is perfect in every sense (even panel gaps). Love it!
LR/AWD/FSD/20” wheels/Blue&Black

Reactions: Bikeman and tk1971