Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor APEX VS-5RS & SM-10RS - The LIGHTEST Plug & Play Fully-Forged Wheels for Tesla - Authorized Dealer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you both very much for the replies. My last concern is that I took out some negative camber in hopes of getting more life out of my tires. I hope this does not impact (no pun intended) the 275s fitting inside the fender. Lastly, slzeal, do you feel you gave up any "style" going down to 19"?
If you have the performance model, from my understanding the rotor hat is thinner so your wheels are actually 2-4mm inboard more than the LR/SR so you should be able to better fit the wheels under the fenders.

That being said, I'm running it on an LR with somewhat regular camber, using stock FUCAs, and there's a slight poke in front so I think you'll be in better standing than me.

I also started with 19" wheels so no real style change for me. Personally I think 19 is the perfect blend of aesthetics/weight/comfort between 18-20 inch wheels

Reactions: MODEL+
Thank you both very much for the replies. My last concern is that I took out some negative camber in hopes of getting more life out of my tires. I hope this does not impact (no pun intended) the 275s fitting inside the fender. Lastly, slzeal, do you feel you gave up any "style" going down to 19"?
When you mention"took out some negative camber", are you referring to rear w/ adjustable rear camber arms?
If this is the case, you should have no problem either.

My question to you is why would you like to run 275/35 over 265/35?

Danny

When you mention"took out some negative camber", are you referring to rear w/ adjustable rear camber arms?
If this is the case, you should have no problem either.

My question to you is why would you like to run 275/35 over 265/35?

Danny
Yes, I added Unplugged Performance Moderate Lowering Springs and adjustable rear camber arms. I then had the alignment shop take out some negative camber due to premature wearing on the inside of the tires - especially in the rear. I want to run 275 because it is closer to stock diameter - stock (235/35/20) = 26.5, 275/35/19 = 26.6. Do you have a compelling reason to run a 265? I am willing to listen to an expert, which I am not.

I’ve been meaning to post pictures for a while…

2023 Model Y Dual Motor Long Range, 19x9.5 brushed clear. I also got the calipers painted white and got both wheels and calipers ceramic coated.

I tried a number of different aftermarket center caps. In the end the best looking are the Tesla OEM center caps that are meant for the silver Model S wheels. These match the brushed clear finish of the wheels perfectly and have the best fit.

As for efficiency, for the first 1,000 miles I owned the vehicle, I had the stock gemini wheels with the stock wheel covers on, and I averaged 263 wh/mi. Now I have driven the vehicle another 5,000 miles with the APEX wheels and the efficiency with these is 274 wh/mi. I do a 50/50 mix of highway and local driving, and I did not change the tires, I have the OEM tires on the APEX wheels. I expected efficiency to take a bigger hit, so I have been pleasantly surprised.

As for the rest of the driving experience, the car has such good acceleration that I really did not notice a difference there, although I would guess there probably is a difference due to saving 10 lbs per wheel. However, I absolutely did notice an improvement in ride quality, which I think also has to due with less unsprung weight.

image0.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: slzeal and MODEL+
I’ve been meaning to post pictures for a while…

2023 Model Y Dual Motor Long Range, 19x9.5 brushed clear. I also got the calipers painted white and got both wheels and calipers ceramic coated.

I tried a number of different aftermarket center caps. In the end the best looking are the Tesla OEM center caps that are meant for the silver Model S wheels. These match the brushed clear finish of the wheels perfectly and have the best fit.

As for efficiency, for the first 1,000 miles I owned the vehicle, I had the stock gemini wheels with the stock wheel covers on, and I averaged 263 wh/mi. Now I have driven the vehicle another 5,000 miles with the APEX wheels and the efficiency with these is 274 wh/mi. I do a 50/50 mix of highway and local driving, and I did not change the tires, I have the OEM tires on the APEX wheels. I expected efficiency to take a bigger hit, so I have been pleasantly surprised.

As for the rest of the driving experience, the car has such good acceleration that I really did not notice a difference there, although I would guess there probably is a difference due to saving 10 lbs per wheel. However, I absolutely did notice an improvement in ride quality, which I think also has to due with less unsprung weight.

View attachment 990056

View attachment 990059

View attachment 990058

View attachment 990057
Thanks for posting your setup Eric!
Your Model Y is looking sharp and the OEM silver center caps is a perfect match on the brushed clear.

Good looking wheels! The tires look especially tall, what size are they?
He mentioned OEM tires, so 255/45/19.

Danny

Price on a set of 19" for MYP ?
Pricing for all Tesla VS-5RS sizes available here.

I have messaged you in regards to Black Friday specials also.

Thanks,
Danny

APEX Black Friday 2023 Sale

20% off Fully-Forged VS-5RS & Free Shipping

20% off Flow Formed EC-7 & Free Shipping

20% off Flow Formed SM-10 & Free Shipping

*NEW WHEEL* 20% off Fully Forged SM-10RS & Free Shipping

Discounts automatically applied at checkout, no codes necessary.
Valid November 20 to November 30th at 11:59pm PST
---

MODEL+ is an authorized APEX Wheels Stockist. Exclusively offering and supporting authentic APEX Wheels wheels and accessories.
Shipping Worldwide 🌎

Feel free to leave us message here if you have any questions!
TMC member discounts and special bundled deals are available!

Regards,
Danny - [email protected]

Last edited:
APEX Black Friday 2023 Sale

20% off Fully-Forged VS-5RS & Free Shipping

20% off Flow Formed EC-7 & Free Shipping

20% off Flow Formed SM-10 & Free Shipping

*NEW WHEEL* 15% off Fully Forged SM-10RS & Free Shipping

Discounts automatically applied at checkout, no codes necessary.
Valid November 20 to November 30th at 11:59pm PST
---

MODEL+ is an authorized APEX Wheels Stockist. Exclusively offering and supporting authentic APEX Wheels wheels and accessories.
Shipping Worldwide 🌎

Feel free to leave us message here if you have any questions!
TMC member discounts and special bundled deals are available!

Regards,
Danny - [email protected]
20% is a good discount.