Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone switch from a M3 to a MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
img_4513-jpg.561344
I wonder what inside the smaller Tesla bag? I imagine that the larger one is the UMC.

Does your car lose value because of the 'accident' title?
- Absolutely. I sold it privately, but a lot of people shied away just because of the accident.
The person who bought it knew of the accident, but I was happy to get more that Tesla offered for a trade,
so I took his low offer. I probably could have held out for more, but it was a quick and painless sale.
My car get rear ended and I'm still dealing with the insurance.

For the Tesla offer or the private offer, do you have a idea of how much lower was the offer compared to the KBB value?

I didn't replace a Model 3 with a Y, I added it. I have had a Model 3 for about 2 years, and we traded my wife's Grand Cherokee in on the Model Y. They are very similar cars, but also somewhat different. Love them both though!

My car get rear ended and I'm still dealing with the insurance.

For the Tesla offer or the private offer, do you have a idea of how much lower was the offer compared to the KBB value?
Tesla offered $31,900 for a 2018 LR/RWD Model 3 with 20,000 miles. Premium package and upgraded wheels. KBB has it around $36800 for trade-in value.

Tesla didn't mention anything about decreased value due to the accident. I figured they were lowballing because that's what always happens. That would have been rich if they dinged me after they personally repaired it.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Promised my wife a white interior which was not available when we purchased the M3 RWD in 2018. So that was my excuse to exchange the M3 it for a MYP.

Of course the first thing my wife did was to spray hair color touchup which unfortunately changed the color of the headrest from bright white to bright red. Took 1/2 hour of scrubbing, but it did all come off!

• Funny
Reactions: EVNation and Zer0t
Tesla offered $31,900 for a 2018 LR/RWD Model 3 with 20,000 miles. Premium package and upgraded wheels. KBB has it around $36800 for trade-in value.

Tesla didn't mention anything about decreased value due to the accident. I figured they were lowballing because that's what always happens. That would have been rich if they dinged me after they personally repaired it.
Depending on your state, you may have up to 2 years after an accident to file a Diminished Value claim. It’s separate from your accident claim. I’d never heard of it before. Learned about it here on the forums, but have been doing a little reading about it since. Anyway just wanted to pass that along.

I still have the 3 and my wife now has a Y.

The main draws for us on the Y are the hatchback making the storage space so much more usable, more rear seat space, the larger glass roof, and the higher ride height.

On the 3, we mainly like the better efficiency (and range) and lower price.

Here's a bit more, if you're interested:

Nice video, thanks for sharing. And btw congrats, you totally out kicked your coverage.

• Funny
Reactions: Zer0t
I keep going back and forth and can't make up my mind on whether to upgrade to the model y from the model 3 or its not worth it.

If I were buying a car now it would be the Y for sure but we have the 3 performance and are in love with it.

I installed a hitch on the 3 so tow a small trailer to HD for lumber and all the stuff, but would be easier with the Y with the middle dropping down (don't have to take the car seats out). I also like the higher towing capacity of 3.5k lbs. But that would not be frequently if at all. Is that worth dropping an extra 15k to upgrade to performance Y or not, that is the Q... cant make the decision for the life of me.

I would like to trade up. Im 6'1 and getting out of the car is nothing smooth. I also never liked the limited trunk space. Being up higher would benefit me. Would like to move up to a performance.
Just having a hard time dealing with the cost to upgrade, 20k. Maybe i should just be happy i have a tesla,lol.

Yeah. Exactly the same situation. I am 6' and it's a little tougher to get out of the 3 since it is so low but I like the handling. Gonna go give the Y a spin at the dealership in a few days. Wife is kicking and bucking at the notion of getting rid of the 3. Says, if Y performance doesn't drive as well as the 3 performance that we have its a no go... since we don't drive the 3 FOT I think it will be plenty but I do love the model 3 0-60 at 3 seconds flat.