Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone order in Rhode Island since Tesla Store in Warwick opened?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI Folks,

I ordered a P3D- a week ago or so. I was a bit surprised when they told me I'd need to pick it up in Dedham MA, which is about an hour away from me. The sales person I ordered from on the phone told me they can arrange home delivery. But I'm wondering why I can't take delivery at the new Tesla store that opened in Warwick?

I know Tesla used to have issues in RI due to its dealership laws, but from what I've read, the State gave Tesla approval over a year ago to allow them to sell in the state. So I'm not sure what the issue is now.

I did some more digging, and found a few posts on here and other forums, from the past year or so, basically saying taking delivery in RI is a nightmare.... Many saying they had to wait a few extra weeks to get home delivery through the Dedham MA location. and then had to wait another week or so for the paperwork to come in the mail so you could register it.

I'm wondering if anyone in RI has ordered and taken delivery through the new Tesla store, and if any of this process has changed since its opening.

Thanks in advance!