Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone make an accessory that adds USB outlets to the dash area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've hooked up a radar detector on a magnetic mount, and I might mount my phone to a second mount. Both mounts would be attached to the back of the screen.

Which leaves me running cables around the cabin and crudely running them to and into the console. I'm surprised I haven't found someone that sells a kit to replace perhaps the screen mount with something that includes some built-in USB connectors. I'd like some connectors behind the screen so the wires are readily available to the dash area but not be visible from the cabin.

Anything out there already?

There are various usb hubs that would work, but you’d generally have to figure out the wiring yourself
Not sure I explained the concept here. The need is for something integrated into a replacement part for either the dash or the screen mount. It needs to seamlessly replace a part, with the USB hub already integrated into it. Much like the pair of USB ports in the center for the rear seat passengers. And it should come with both an installation guide and wiring to fit wherever it needs to get to.

Because I know people are already selling swivel screen mounts, it seems like an oversight not to have included a couple of USB ports in it. Perfect place to have them, right behind the screen.