Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone live around Destin, Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know they are supposed to be constructing a supercharger station in Destin but I do not believe they have even begun construction yet. I will be there in November for a family trip and if they have not finished that yet I will need a fast place to charge.

If you’re going to be there you don’t necessarily need a “fast place to charge”. You would need a fast place to charge if you’re just passing through. Have you checked Plugshare? It shows 4 J1772s at Destin Commons. I charged while dining and shopping there two years ago. Be aware they don’t allow charging after hours. Depending on how long you’re staying in Destin, even 120V charging where you’re staying could be helpful.

If you’re going to be there you don’t necessarily need a “fast place to charge”. You would need a fast place to charge if you’re just passing through. Have you checked Plugshare? It shows 4 J1772s at Destin Commons. I charged while dining and shopping there two years ago. Be aware they don’t allow charging after hours. Depending on how long you’re staying in Destin, even 120V charging where you’re staying could be helpful.

There is a nice free Tesla charger in front of the Ocean Club on Hwy 98 across from Sandestin
I think you pick up 40 miles or so an hour and no one is ever there

There's a supercharger about 30 minutes outside of Destin, so you can get your charge before heading into town. There are a number of destination and J-1772 plugs throughout the area. We were down there on Monday and the Sandestin Residence Inn happened to have a destination charger, so we were quite happy.