Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone going to upgrade to FSD before March 18th?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No doubt. However, at $3k total, I would consider it once mature and be ok with spending $1k more when ready. There are a lot of reasons on a car that I don’t want to pre-pay for software:

- The car is a depreciating asset
- It could get wrecked or totaled and not convinced a software upgrade would factor into value
- I could buy another car
- I can do other things with that money (invest)
- Tesla has repeatedly lowered prices after my previous purchases so I don’t have confidence the same or lower prices might arrive in the future.

So when I decided to skip this offer, I thought I was only leaving $1k on the table. At $5k (or $3k higher) forget about it. I never use anything but TACC and given how crappy NoA and Summon is, I’m not convinced I’d ever trust the promised features in the amount of time I’ll own the car.

I’d get more value putting at $2k into suspension upgrades to make my car not look like a 4x4 ;)
I don't think kbb or edmunds are even able to value FSD yet. in fact when I try to value my M3, it doesn't even ask if I have FSD or not. so essentially as far as those sites are concerned, FSD has no value as of now!

I regret my life again. I held off. Now 2k is 5k for EAP. I already paid 6k for EAP after delivery. I am not paying 11k for both. I'll just get another Tesla lol.

Don't worry - you made the right decision. Tesla will no doubt offer a FSD sale again, likely well below $2K, meeting their clear business plan of ensuring any prior existing supporter/owner, who already bought for $2K and above, feel like garbage. :)

I am SOOOO glad I paid the "sale" price at 5K for both AP+FSD now and enjoying the current features TODAY!!!!
Yeah, for sure. Very fair deal. Enjoy.

As an early M3 adopter I got hooked for $5K at time of configuration and then $2K more last week for FSD so $7K total here.

Oh well....at least AP has been a blessing for a full 9 months for me. LOVE my M3

Reactions: ElectricLee
Looking at your signature, I'm surprised. Were you a first time owner of the car? If so, I'd contact Tesla before the end of the day and say you want to order it and can't apparently at the $2K price and think it's in error. Get yourself noted tonight that you would have ordered it today. Or are you now past midnight and it's the 18th there? No idea if the cut off is based on locality or Fremont time.[/QUOTE

Yes original owner. I finally got a reply and they fixed my account right away and I was able to order. Not sure what my whole experience was about honestly.

• Funny
Reactions: Mikeat00