Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody else with FSD just get an offer to upgrade to FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an email offer to upgrade to FSD. However, I purchased my car with FSD (back in 2017). I'm now paranoid that it somehow got removed in their system, and I'll need to somehow prove I have it. I just sent a customer support request..

I'm hoping its just a glitch.. Anybody else get this who already has FSD?

I just got an email offer to upgrade to FSD. However, I purchased my car with FSD (back in 2017). I'm now paranoid that it somehow got removed in their system, and I'll need to somehow prove I have it. I just sent a customer support request..

No, It is just time to renew your subscription to the feature. Don't want to lose out! (j/k) ;)

• Funny
Reactions: SSonnentag
I got EAP originally, and didn't buy the FSD upgrade. Still on the fence. But I doubt it will ever be less than $3K that is currently offered... so I'm waffling!

I'm concerned that FSD will never come to fruition. But maybe it will. Argh! Are there any other benefits?

I got EAP originally, and didn't buy the FSD upgrade. Still on the fence. But I doubt it will ever be less than $3K that is currently offered... so I'm waffling!

I'm concerned that FSD will never come to fruition. But maybe it will. Argh! Are there any other benefits?

We are in the same boat. You get the upgrade to mcu 3 for better processing.

Self driving is coming, I don’t doubt that. Regulation may not allow for us to vacate the driver seat anytime soon, but navigate on auto pilot has been awesome, and within 2 years I believe we will have cars that can basically drive us around.

The question is will Tesla still be in business when it does? This isn’t the last time they will offer this at 3k I believe, but I will most likely grab it this time. I use self driving so much on the freeway, it’s a no brainer for me.

Just log in and look at your bill of sale. It's all there.

Last edited:
The question is will Tesla still be in business when it does? This isn’t the last time they will offer this at 3k I believe, but I will most likely grab it this time. I use self driving so much on the freeway, it’s a no brainer for me.

2 very good points. My optimistic self thinks Tesla is not going anywhere, any time soon. Fingers crossed!

I, too, use AP ad-nauseam. In my 20K miles... easily 13K of those would be on AP. To have the 'next level up', even if it means still having to be in the seat, just sounds awesome to me! I am an advocate of maintaining alertness and readiness on AP, so I'll have a difficult time adjusting to not having to be so alert. It may take me a mile or two! ;)

I'll probably bite this time...

You get the upgrade to mcu 3 for better processing.

Yes... but when? I purchased EAP on my 2018 X and rolled the dice on a FSD upgrade during the fire sale earlier this year @ $2k.

I know Elon has said free HW3 upgrades but there’s no published timeline or commitment as to when that might take place or what event would trigger the hardware upgrades. If it’s dependent on autonomous driving being approved at the Federal level - the upgrades may never happen.

And it’s an upgrade to AP hardware rather than an MCU upgrade

The benefit is that when it goes to $4k, you’ll look at it and go glad I paid $3k!

Glad I got mine for $2k in February. But $3k is ok too :)

Case in point.

The reality is Tesla has offered FSD for almost 3 years now. Whether you paid the discounted price of $5,000, after sale price of $6,000, the fire sale of $2,000 or the new increasing price of $3,000. It will be too much for the non-existent feature. And if/when it actually launches you’ll either believe you got in on a deal early, or be screwed over by new terms from Tesla. All are possible.

The real question is..how long do you plan on keeping your car?

Side note, did a custom build today given the free unlimited sc is back when I realized a new Model x costs $6,000 for FSD, Autopilot is now included. I paid for EAP $5,000. Additional $3,000 now makes your FSD $8,000 total vs $6,000 new.

If I factor in the cost of an extended warranty, FSD, and let’s say a battery upgrade from a 75D to a 100D/long range. It would actually be more cost efficient to buy a new X at that point. So the morale of the story is...skip FSD upgrade. Buy a new X with fSD. ;)

We are in the same boat. You get the upgrade to mcu 3 for better processing.

The MCU is separate from the FSD computer. Currently its unknown if they will even bother to upgrade MCU1 owners to MCU2. Most think they won't. With the FSD purchase, you will eventually get a FSD computer upgrade. If you are on AP2.5 hw you'll be on AP3 hw after. If you are AP2.0 hw, you'll be might be on AP3.0 hw after but most likely will be on Hardware Frankenstein because you'll have MCU1.

Reactions: NHK X
If we bought new a month ago and didn't get FSD, should it also be $3k? I still see it as $6k in my account.

More than likely not, unless your vehicle was sold with "Enhanced Autopilot," not normal "Autopilot."

Does your vehicle include Navigate on Autopilot (and not in trial mode)? If it does, then you're running EAP, and may be eligible for the $3k pricing.

More than likely not, unless your vehicle was sold with "Enhanced Autopilot," not normal "Autopilot."

Does your vehicle include Navigate on Autopilot (and not in trial mode)? If it does, then you're running EAP, and may be eligible for the $3k pricing.
No, I ordered custom and took delivery mid July, so it just has regular Autopilot. I just didn't understand if the 3k FSD upgrade was for anyone without FSD or just those that have EAP.

No, I ordered custom and took delivery mid July, so it just has regular Autopilot. I just didn't understand if the 3k FSD upgrade was for anyone without FSD or just those that have EAP.

Just EAP only. The email states this:

As an owner who has purchased Enhanced Autopilot – you can now upgrade to Full Self-Driving Capability at a reduced price of $3,000. Get access to current convenience features and future Full Self-Driving features to continually increase the capability of your Tesla over time.

So they’re billing it as a deal for those who are halfway there

• Helpful
Reactions: Spelly88