Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to keep the A/C on for short stops?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SOULPEDL

Cyber-Bandit is Ready!
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
Referral Code
Run into a store, deliver stuff - would be so much easier than having press the app every time (which takes forever on my android phone to wake it up).

When it's 115F, just one minute with no A/C really matters. Overtemp won't fix it, 105F is still toasty, but I have yet to get that upgrade feature on our M3. Don't want to waste energy either so there should be an option (how does the car know you'll be right back - either tell it, or driver settings?)

Other work-arounds maybe?

Reactions: Atoms
Currently, you need to use the app to do this. If someone is staying in the car’s passenger seat, they can touch the screen to wake the system up after you close the driver’s door.

I’d report this to Tesla as an enhancement request. I also wished the Leaf had a similar feature, but without OTA updates, it was pointless to mention it to Nissan.

Reactions: Arpe and Atoms
Run into a store, deliver stuff - would be so much easier than having press the app every time (which takes forever on my android phone to wake it up).

When it's 115F, just one minute with no A/C really matters. Overtemp won't fix it, 105F is still toasty, but I have yet to get that upgrade feature on our M3. Don't want to waste energy either so there should be an option (how does the car know you'll be right back - either tell it, or driver settings?)

Other work-arounds maybe?
I had a similar problem when I parked my car in a location where the car did not have cell service so I couldn't pre-cool the car using the app. I got in the car and the A/C turned on but I could not figure out how to get the A/C to stay on after I got out and closed the door. Leaving my phone in the car kept the car unlocked but the A/C still turned off when I got out and closed the door. I tried putting a 20lb bag on the driver's seat thinking that the weight on the seat might keep the car on but that also did not work.

Reactions: Arpe and Atoms