Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Differences in 2022 Model 3s between Q1 and Q2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very early Q1 cars did not have Ryzen chip, 15v Li-Ion battery or the heated wiper dock.

Main thing so far that I think could be different from Q1 to Q2 is double pane glass on rear windows however Tesla has not done that yet AFAIK.

Can confirm the above. I took delivery on Feb 26 and had to confirm before delivery that my vehicle had the upgraded processor and the upgraded 12V low-voltage battery since some VINs did not have them at that time.

I am also interested if current deliveries do have the double pane glass rear windows now though it would be not that critical since even with just the double pane front windows, the road noise in the Model 3 is much lower than I expected, very satisfied with the overall experience I had so far.

• Informative
Reactions: Teleezen
There's a thread for this.

What is it about this that is so valuable to you? I'm just really curious what the appreciable benefit that the Ryzen chip is delivering to the experience.
@stabgotham You're focusing on the wrong part of the equation. ;) The value of the heat pump in Florida is approximately $0, based on my regular visits there as a kid. The value of MCU3 over MCU2 is certainly debatable but it sure seems more than $0.

There's a thread for this.

(moderator note)

I originally merged the OP post into that thread, actually. I then thought about it, and thought that the "Q1 / Q2" part of the question was "just" different enough to stand alone, so I moved it back out into its own thread.

Reactions: civicdrivr
Heat pumps are primarily of value in cold cimates. In hot ones, there is litte difference in effciency...

I would argue that they are more valuable in climates that dont get too cold (below freezing) as that is where the efficiency gains are, from everything I have read. So, very efficient until you get close to freezing, then much less so. So, its not a "primary cold climate" thing, its actually "everywhere it isnt cold all the time" thing.

I would argue that they are more valuable in climates that dont get too cold (below freezing) as that is where the efficiency gains are, from everything I have read. So, very efficient until you get close to freezing, then much less so. So, its not a "primary cold climate" thing, its actually "everywhere it isnt cold all the time" thing.
Totally. I actually think areas that see temperatures between about 40F and 70F are ideal for the heat pump, so probably Florida most the year.

July 2022 Build, rear windows still single pane

Very curious about the superhorn because.... I don't like the sounds I'm hearing...

I'm out of town for another couple weeks so I won't be able to check to see if the PWS speaker is still in my car or if it's all superhorn, crossing my fingers it isn't superhorn yet!