Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another obsession: LED flashlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obsession?

1. I'm one of the administrators on Candlepower forums
2. I helped create one of the first custom, high-powered LED flashlights ever sold.
3. I have replaced all the interior lights in all cars with custom LEDs and circuits that allow dimming and auto-off.
4. Every often-used light in my house is now custom LED.

Don't make me post links.

Yeah - OK - Obsession to you, side hobby to me.
Along with the flashlights I switched most of the house to LEDs and many of the car bulbs, but I tried to use mostly off the shelf parts.
(Easier to do these days compared to when you started blazing the trail).

Thoughts on this one? WL60 Cordless LED Work Light with 60 LEDs. AC and DC Rechargeable. Bright LED Light for auto repairs, repair light for homes and businesses.
Worklight.jpg

60 leds, 240 lumens, $50.

Ok, I get that LED flashlights are way better than the old incandescent flashlights. I totally get that. I use LED flashlights myself, and the light quality is light-years ahead.

But are LEDs really ready for home lighting? Today, CFLs are dirt-cheap and use 1/4 the energy of an incandescent light bulb for the same amount of light. In terms of lumens per watt, most LEDs are not even as efficient as CFLs and they cost a whole lot more. They are steadily improving, so maybe in a few more years LEDs will make sense, but at this point is there any compelling reason to replace my 22 watt CFLs with LEDs?

The worklight is battery powered and portable, seems more "flashlightesque" to me, which is why I posted in this thread. I suppose I could have started a "Rechargeable LED work light" thread but I think it would be sparsely populated .

Obsession?

3. I have replaced all the interior lights in all cars with custom LEDs and circuits that allow dimming and auto-off.

I would be interested in LED kits that would replace the Roadster dome, trunk and Headlights.

Door lights and a trunk lid light would be nice as well.

Also charge panels like the Milbank need a LED (switched?) to see the plug in a dark enviroment.

Also, when I view this topic I get:

I think one of Tonybelding's old images became password protected.
One of the moderators might want to edit his post and get rid of it so we don't get the popups anymore.

I'm getting that too.

Moderator's note: Thanks for letting us know.

Last edited by a moderator: