Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

America's tire lifting model Y without jack pad - is it safe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s fine. Did you check underneath to see if there’s any actual damage?

The side rails where the jack points are extend slightly lower than the battery. Their lifts have a flat top surface so there’s no risk to contacting or damaging the battery. The weight is also distributed over a bigger area so there’s less risk of damage to the side rail. If one were to use a single jack in the center of the car instead of the jack points, then that would be cause for concern.

Tesla service doesn’t use jack pads either from what I’ve seen. They’ve just been so ubiquitously peddled by all the accessory sellers that people think they need them.

Yup. No need for pads if you’re careful. I’ve never used them on any of our cars. No big name tire fast food joint is going to be careful though. Luck of the draw.

Attachments

• PXL_20230125_233449677 Copy.jpeg
    PXL_20230125_233449677 Copy.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 66
What’s the red stuff between the jack point and the battery? Does it matter if there’s a lot showing? My car was just at tire shop for a plug, they claimed to have pucks, but it didn’t appear to show in my pics when the car was lifted. Just concerned about the red under the car now.
IMG_3040.jpeg
IMG_3049.jpeg
IMG_3046.jpeg