Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Credit Union 1.49% for 72 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This boards have been very helpful so I wanted to share what I have learned. I live in So Cal and have found the following deals a of today (12/15):

• US Bank via Tesla - 10% down; the rest: 72 months at 1.74%
    • Good rate and it allows me to have a reasonable monthly
  • Alliant - 1.99% for 60 or 72 months - 105% of vehicle price
  • Tech CU (non-member rates) - full car price:
    • 60 months start at 1.49%
    • 72 months start at 1.74%
At this point I will probably go with US Bank but let me know if anyone else has any insight...

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr
This boards have been very helpful so I wanted to share what I have learned. I live in So Cal and have found the following deals a of today (12/15):

At this point I will probably go with US Bank but let me know if anyone else has any insight...

Thanks for the info!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but is the 10% down based on the price of the car or the car + tax/title/license?

Yeah last month I did heard about the 1.74% Rate from US Bank and Tech CU. I will surely try to get 1.74 or 1.49 maybe if I decide to do 60 months. I am planning on putting down 40-50%

Once you apply via the Tesla loan do they try different banks and reply with each loan rate and terms so you can pick which one you want? So far got a bank TD Bank and their rate is a bit high. Just emailed them back regarding rates from other banks.

Last edited:
Good Morning Tesla Members:

Longtime reader, first time poster. I have decided on the MX and have been working with a rep in the DMV area to track down a potential inventory car. I just missed out on the 75D in Westchester, NY that I am sure someone here snagged right before me :)

Question, out of curiosity what are the credit ranges people are qualifying with for the best rates available?

Good Morning Tesla Members:

Longtime reader, first time poster. I have decided on the MX and have been working with a rep in the DMV area to track down a potential inventory car. I just missed out on the 75D in Westchester, NY that I am sure someone here snagged right before me :)

Question, out of curiosity what are the credit ranges people are qualifying with for the best rates available?

In June, I recall my Alliiant loan rep asking if my score was 740 or better, mine is better, but I imagine that can be different by lender and prevailing loan market at the time, so this might be a tough one to gauge from others.

Fellow Marylander here. If you don't already have an owner code for $1000 off, feel free to use mine in my sig below (wide screen mode on phones), or PM me if you don't see it. Regardless, via PM, I might be able to help answer some local electrician and MD DMV questions. Welcome.

Hi, All.

Would it be better to apply to these mentioned credit unions individually (Alliant, TechU, etc) or go through Tesla Lending first? Also, will my credit score take a hit EVERY time one of these outfits processes an application on my behalf?

Also, should I apply for the financing first before confirming an order?

Thank you.

Hi, All.

Would it be better to apply to these mentioned credit unions individually (Alliant, TechU, etc) or go through Tesla Lending first? Also, will my credit score take a hit EVERY time one of these outfits processes an application on my behalf?

Also, should I apply for the financing first before confirming an order?

Thank you.

Go with Tesla Lending they will apply them for you and will provide you the best rate. Won't affect your credit to much so let them do it, it was an easy process.

Howdy - not a dumb question at all. I am learning all this on the fly also.
Its 10% of the configuration price.

The numbers look like this - Car Cost.jpg

Hi. I’m confused about the “Configuration Price.” Which configuration price do they use, the one that you select in the drop down menu in Tesla Lending, or YOUR configuration price, based on the configuration price plus all the fancy options you’ve selected, which of course, can add thousands of dollars more to the total pre-tax price.

For example, the Configuration Price of a basic, “strippy” 60D is $69200. The way I would have it configured comes out to $85,000. Which number is used?

Thanks.

Hi. I’m confused about the “Configuration Price.” Which configuration price do they use, the one that you select in the drop down menu in Tesla Lending, or YOUR configuration price, based on the configuration price plus all the fancy options you’ve selected, which of course, can add thousands of dollars more to the total pre-tax price.

For example, the Configuration Price of a basic, “strippy” 60D is $69200. The way I would have it configured comes out to $85,000. Which number is used?

Thanks.

The online calculator does not automatically use your configured price - you have to adjust it yourself. Also, when you submit your loan application, there's the Vehicle Financing Information section where you fill out the information regarding the vehicle price, and downpayment percentage.

The online calculator does not automatically use your configured price - you have to adjust it yourself. Also, when you submit your loan application, there's the Vehicle Financing Information section where you fill out the information regarding the vehicle price, and downpayment percentage.

Duhhhh...I’m so dense, I didn’t even think to change the figure in the Vehicle Subtotal window. I just tried doing it a few moments ago.

Thank you so much!

Go with Tesla Lending they will apply them for you and will provide you the best rate. Won't affect your credit to much so let them do it, it was an easy process.
I think the way the credit reporting agencies handle it is that once you start applying for car loans, any requests within a period of time don't count against your credit scores because they allow for people shopping rates.

Yeah last month I did heard about the 1.74% Rate from US Bank and Tech CU. I will surely try to get 1.74 or 1.49 maybe if I decide to do 60 months. I am planning on putting down 40-50%

I’m really curious about what it takes to qualify for the “No Money Down” 105% financing that Alliant offers. Does anybody know how high your credit score has to be, and what your debt-to-income ratio has to be to qualify? I suspect other things go into it too, like length of credit history, but I’m sure the previous two numbers are metrics they go by.

Thanks.