Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Windows won't roll up or down - how to fix?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Model X. I rolled the passenger window down last night. Today, I went to the car and tried to roll it up and it won't go up. I tried moving any of the windows up or down and none of them work. I made an appointment with Tesla and the soonest they have is mobile 8 days out. Meanwhile, it is raining out and I'm stuck with the window down. Also, I'm not sure if the door locks are working as well? I tried the thumbwheel reset, but no luck.

Has anyone come across this? Is there a fuse?

Thanks for the help!

UPDATE 1: Interestingly enough, I used the Nikola app to try and close the window and it worked! Not sure why the interior controls wont work.

Last edited:
Reactions: sfRonH
Just a quick note of thanks. I was about to do all sorts of troubleshooting that would've sucked my time and crapped on my day.

I read your post, put the car in Drive, and the windows worked. 🤷‍♂️😆 Thanks for the post and following up with the answer. Have a great one.

Sean

Reactions: ImpetuousRacer
hey. so i had the same problem during my trip for laborday. can you tell me what is the nikola app? I was never able to get my window to close on the passenger side. i ended up having to force it and nicked up the trim a bit. I'm still having problems where the back passenger window still does not open nor close. the front one appears to work intermittently. it looks like if i shut the door a bit hard, it won't work for a while. then after a few hrs it works again until i shut the door a bit hard and same issue. seems like an electrical issue?