Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All wheel drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am forcibly reminded now of Swiss watchmakers. There was a time when mechanical watches were state-of-the-art, and so the ability to craft a timepiece with gears and jewels that kept time to within seconds per month was not only art, but useful. Even if you pay $10k for a such a watch today, it's unlikely to be as accurate as a $10 quartz digital.

In 20 years -- perhaps 30? -- there will still be a market for the exquisitely engineered ICEs made by Mercedes and Land Rover, just as there is a market for the mechanical watches made today by Rolex and Phillippe Patek. But it will be a specialty market, not mainstream.

I am forcibly reminded now of Swiss watchmakers. There was a time when mechanical watches were state-of-the-art, and so the ability to craft a timepiece with gears and jewels that kept time to within seconds per month was not only art, but useful. Even if you pay $10k for a such a watch today, it's unlikely to be as accurate as a $10 quartz digital.

In 20 years -- perhaps 30? -- there will still be a market for the exquisitely engineered ICEs made by Mercedes and Land Rover, just as there is a market for the mechanical watches made today by Rolex and Phillippe Patek. But it will be a specialty market, not mainstream.

But what about when the global EMP war happens!!!! I will be able to tell time. And with that exact knowledge I will ... well I don't know what good it will serve but I will know it is Three thirty four and twenty one seconds!

My old Bronco could do that! Right up until the day I rolled it on (or off of) the freeway. ML

My dad had a Jeep Wrangler (that mysteriously got sold about 3 months before I turned 15 and got my drivers permit) and I learned that curbs, medians, and even hedges less than 4' tall are all just guidelines not hard barriers. But just think of an EV Bronco. The CG would be quite low, much harder to roll. :biggrin:

It could go anywhere. Square footprint, the cop mustang 5.0 V8. Just don't get it sideways at 50+. Looking back I suppose that's when I first realized I had gotten sick of buying gasoline! ML
-not the roll over part, just the day to day operation of such a ridiculously inefficient vehicle-