Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

All discussion of Rivian Automotive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P&D numbers better look good, who doesnt like getting a $140,000 truck for $90k. Hopefully they've learned to cut some costs when they release numbers later.
The fact that it costs them $140,000 to make the truck doesn't mean its a $140,000 truck. I think Tesla is the only EV maker that is able to make their vehicles for less than their price.
Volume and production efficiently are key here and we will see if Rivian can get their costs down. Supposedly they have a path to profitability by next year. I wish them luck.

1689039252007.png

It is reported that Rivian stopped the purchase of another company and had to pay a penalty:

Rivian has paid a lump sum of 85 million euros to VDL for breaking the contract on a possible takeover of VDL Nedcar in The Netherlands.
According to newspaper ‘Eindhovens Dagblad’ this is shown in VDL Groep's annual financial report for 2022.

Excerpt:
- Rivian would take over VDL Nedcar, according to a passage in the financial statements for 2022;
- According to former Nedcar director Paul van Vuuren, there was an agreement between both parties: "There was a signature".
- Rivian broke the contract with VDL after US President Biden came up with a measure to subsidise the purchase of electric cars in the US. Rivian then decided to expand production domestically.
Why would they have wanted to buy a contract vehicle manufacturer?

Rivian wins legal case at Georgia Supreme Court regarding $700M in Georgia State incentives for R2 vehicles plant. Decision is final. I suppose opponents can try Federal Courts but there is no Federal issue and will almost certainly fail.

Modified, or just a photoshop?

A grabbed the pick from another forum.

Just now googled "maasai rivian." There are more hits than below.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Surprised to stumble upon a Rivian charging station at a Martins supermarket about a mile from I-64 in central Virginia. One of 6 stalls was even a drive through type. Sitting here composing this, I overheard another Tesla owner say he was gonna check out the Rivian chargers.

Surprised if it even gets used twice a week. Oddly, I’ve sighted a Rivian in the area several times despite the tiny odds.
IMG_0564.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: betstarship and KJD