Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket instrument cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems like the sort of thing that looks interesting in a demo. Functions less well once you get it. Quickly stops getting software updates. And then is eventually rendered completely unusable by a Tesla update.

Meanwhile you voided your warranty splicing it into the CAN bus during installation.

There's no splicing. Clearly, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Reactions: Brou
Hansshow’s latest links appear to have a more refined screen. Recently added a new option called ‘Front blind spot monitoring’. Could this be an additional camera in grill?

Quote below from recent email.

“Now we have developed one more function of the front view blind spot camera, which is great improve the driving security . It could see clear 150m front of the car. “

Model 3, Y Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen Forward Blind Spot Camera | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow

Model 3, Y Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen

US $599.0 |Digital Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3 Dashboard Panel Performance LCD Display Speedometer Guage Autosonus|Gauge Sets & Dash Panels| - AliExpress

This seems really cool actually! Has anyone seen this before? What would it do with warranty?

H21d88f6fccba43d7baab9cd6dbeaa3c0e.jpg
TEsla takes a dim view of any modifications whatsoever. they will make you sign a waiver that aftermarket modifications to the car are present and any effort to service or repair is "best effort"

I received mine last week, its installed and already has been upgraded with new code by Hannshow (delivered via email and installed via USB). While i think we can always find something to complain about our ask to be different, as a version 1.1 product, it shows a lot of polish. Plus, i really did miss Carplay.

Reactions: JT_M3P
I think it's awesome. Some people don't want "different" in their car, they just want a better version of what they have now. Thankfully Teslas look like a normal car on the outside instead of the Prius/Bolt/etc crap where they wanted to show off just how they weren't normal cars. Seems like the new center console is giving up on the full minimalist interior already. I like this, and if someone made an aftermarket stalk to control the wipers I'd take that too.
True, the lack of driver's display made me almost not get the model 3. But I decided to take the plunge. So I'm in on this. just shopping for the best offering of this tech. I've found 3 diff displays so far. Any idea which is the best?

I don't miss the instrument cluster, the speed on the display is easily readable. The one thing I do miss is having a wiper control on a stalk, that wouldn't be so bad if the automatic wipers worked better than they do but the Model 3's automatic wiper function is sub par. Using a touch screen when driving is distracting, the voice command works but that's just not as convenient as touching a stalk. Tesla could fix this with a software update if they wanted to, there is a button that they use to control the squirter, all they would have to do is add a long press or double press function that steps through the wiper settings.

I think if these things as just people being used to something notably different from the status quo.

I remember people hating the Prius dash because they put the speedo in the middle and up at the top. It drive people mad. But the point was it was was within your normal driving field of view for the most part.

People in general are not open to change, especially drastic change. When cars have been similar for decades it’s too much for people.

It took me a while to get used to. But without making this any longer I appreciate what it offers.

I don't miss the instrument cluster, the speed on the display is easily readable. The one thing I do miss is having a wiper control on a stalk, that wouldn't be so bad if the automatic wipers worked better than they do but the Model 3's automatic wiper function is sub par. Using a touch screen when driving is distracting, the voice command works but that's just not as convenient as touching a stalk. Tesla could fix this with a software update if they wanted to, there is a button that they use to control the squirter, all they would have to do is add a long press or double press function that steps through the wiper settings.
suggest it on Twitter.
one light press - wipe (function as of today)
subsequent presses within 1-2 seconds - cycle through intervals

We should simply move the existing display to 'in front of the driver'. That way you are not taking your eyes as far from the road as when you have to use the center mounted screen. Then the whole thing would also be compatible with all upgrades.

best regards,
m