Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[advice requested] Resolutions process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

We've recently had a warranty claim denial for what Tesla claims are cosmetic issues on our X:
1) Rubber seals failing around falcon door roof glass trim (many threads about this one)
2) Clearcoat failing on roof trim

It seems like (1) is covered depending on what SC you go to, and (2) is unique to us (I've never seen clearcoat failures on a car that is <10 years old). We've never been through an arbitration process, but it seems like our local SC leans towards warranty denial / customer pay and we were curious if we can get an official answer for all of us X owners regarding at least #1.

Wondering if you folks had any advice on how to deal with [email protected]?

Hi all,

We've recently had a warranty claim denial for what Tesla claims are cosmetic issues on our X:
1) Rubber seals failing around falcon door roof glass trim (many threads about this one)
2) Clearcoat failing on roof trim

It seems like (1) is covered depending on what SC you go to, and (2) is unique to us (I've never seen clearcoat failures on a car that is <10 years old). We've never been through an arbitration process, but it seems like our local SC leans towards warranty denial / customer pay and we were curious if we can get an official answer for all of us X owners regarding at least #1.

Wondering if you folks had any advice on how to deal with [email protected]?
I have the same problem, Tesla services in Brussels wants to replace the both top windows to solve this issue, but only the damaged seals have to be replaced, it is Tesla X from 2018, looking forward to the solutions as looks to expensive for only having new seals around the top windows +3k euros.

I took delivery of Model Y in September 2021 and damaged the driver side headlight. Tesla, claimed they repaired it; but it was not. I did not realize for some months when I just happened to be driving with another person following me in my car. Since then It has been 4 visits (ranging from 4 - 7 days per visit; 1 with a loaner vehicle and 2 with Uber credits; and this time, the trips would be re-imbursed0.

When I setup the appointment and escalated the issue, A manager created a 7:30am appointment at a service center and supposedly reserved a loaner vehicle; which was not present when the center opened at 8:00am. I was,(condescendingly) explained that no matter what a representative does, if a loaner is not available, nothing can be done. He was trying to "help me with my problem; fix my headlight. I explained that my problem was: 1. I was informed a loaner has been reserved for me; which it is not. 2. It has been 2.5 years and 4 visits and the headlight is not fixed, Regeneratrive braking was working just fine for 2 months until the software upgrade in December 2021, automatic winshield wipers do not function as they are supposed to., and I received better support and courtesy from a Honda dealership 20 years ago after purchasing a used car from them..

To which his response was to explain to me how Tesla is a Beta company and I am driving a Beta car.

Can anyone tell me how do I bring this sort of behavior to Tesla's attention?