Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting suspension while driving? (Raven)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I have a question about some behavior on my 2020 MX LR suspension that seems off. Maybe I'm abusing the system, but I like to frequently adjust the suspension height while driving based on road conditions and driving situation. Here are some examples (I have it Suspension set to Advanced):
1) There are some really crappy roads and I like to raise to Standard | Soft so that the ride is super-smooth, I'll then reset to Low | Medium/Middle when it smooths out
2) Every now and again I get to a red light on a beautiful stretch of smooth road and want to floor it, so I'll lower to Extra-Low | Firm to have a hard launch
3) In-between, while driving, go from Standard to Low and vice-versa depending on driving conditions

What I notice is that more than 50% of the time the change in height fails. I'll select a setting (say, going from Low to Standard), the circle will go up to Standard for a second, then go back down to Low. If I try again, sometimes it succeeds and sometimes I have to push it again for the change to succeed. This behavior happens across all of the settings while driving.

When stopped/parked it almost never fails to change. And yes, I know the suspension is limited going into High and Very High based on speed, although those fail when under those conditions just as regularly (i.e. going from Very High to Low or vice-versa when under 15 MPH.)

I recently received a 2016 Signature X as a loaner and tried to reproduce the problem while driving and it never failed to go from one setting to another.

Does anyone else experience the same behavior? Is this a known limitation (RTFM?)

Thanks!

You got a Sig X as a *loaner* ?

Lots of reports of suspension height setting weirdness, hard to find a common theme.
One thought: if you observe a specific incident where you are *certain * it failed to respond to a legitimate command, make a note of the exact time and report it to tesla via the app (schedule service and give a detailed description) and they will check the logs over the air.

Maybe.

With Tesla service these days you never know..

Which software are you on?

I'm on 2021.12.25.7 right now and it's been doing this ever since the update and it drives me nuts as I set to Very Low almost every time I drive. I've found I basically have to make every touch command on the height setting at least twice.

Hoping 2021.24.3 that just pushed to my car will make that go away. Among the many, many other bugs that have popped up on 12.25.7

This seems to have resolved after an update to 2021.24.3. It was pretty consistently failing to react to my first command before the update, this morning no issues and immediately got the "spinny circle" as soon as I touched the slider.

You got a Sig X as a *loaner* ?

Lots of reports of suspension height setting weirdness, hard to find a common theme.
One thought: if you observe a specific incident where you are *certain * it failed to respond to a legitimate command, make a note of the exact time and report it to tesla via the app (schedule service and give a detailed description) and they will check the logs over the air.

Maybe.

With Tesla service these days you never know..
Yeah, it was clearly a trade-in since it was "well worn" inside. Really disappointed I couldn't take advantage of the Performance benefits due to Chill mode :(

Agreed on reporting it. I'm waiting for another issue or two to crop up, or get to the annual maintenance period before reporting it to the service team.

Which software are you on?

I'm on 2021.12.25.7 right now and it's been doing this ever since the update and it drives me nuts as I set to Very Low almost every time I drive. I've found I basically have to make every touch command on the height setting at least twice.

Hoping 2021.24.3 that just pushed to my car will make that go away. Among the many, many other bugs that have popped up on 12.25.7
Good question - We are now on 2021.12.25.7 and still see the behavior. The next update is pending, but we're waiting until tomorrow night to pull it just in case we get the black screens of death again.

I don’t adjust mine that often. But it always goes where I set it.
This leads me to believe it is a hardware issue and not software. We've had the issue for as long as I can remember (I don't think I was paying attention to it the first month or messing with the suspension very much then.)

Follow-up question: What suspension settings do you all see (or don't see) the behavior?
I've been using Advanced and consistently see the behavior/failures. I'm going to switch to Comfort or Sport for the next week or so to check if that changes things.