Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding rear facing seats - 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a 60 that I added seats to after production, just bought a 90d that doesn't have them thinking I could add them again, apparently this is not an option.

Help???

I was told there are special components etc., can I get some help figuring them out and have my body shop do it???

Need a solution fast!

Ryan

Have a 60 that I added seats to after production, just bought a 90d that doesn't have them thinking I could add them again, apparently this is not an option.

Help???

I was told there are special components etc., can I get some help figuring them out and have my body shop do it???

Need a solution fast!

Ryan

Talk to your local Tesla Service. My service center told me that they have the ability to add the additional hardware necessary for installing the seats -- but it will cost you $$$.

When I bought my MS, VIN116xxx, I asked service and they said it was possible, but it would be expensive to do since there is additional hardware necessary and it's rather challenging. This might have been bad information, but I would recommend discussing it with the people that will actually be doing the installation that work for the company that made the car instead of a community of people that "heard" things.

This is why I recommended that the OP discuss with his service center.

It's possible. Lots of threads here, one linked in this thread. It'll cost about the same, if not a little more than getting it from the factory, and does include the reinforced bumper.

Keep escalating it at your local SvC until you get someone who knows what they're talking about.