Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abstract Ocean P3D Emblem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, Delivery day is less than 2 weeks away and I'm now ordering all my accessories. Just wanted your opinion on this. I saw in the reviews on Abstract Ocean and though it was a unique place to put the badge. What are your thoughts?
original.jpg
original (1).jpg
original (2).jpg

Hey guys, Delivery day is less than 2 weeks away and I'm now ordering all my accessories.
Just wanted your opinion on this. I saw in the reviews on Abstract Ocean and though it was a unique place to put the badge.
What are your thoughts?
original-jpg.450715
I find it a little bit too garish for my liking.

May be if you go to Las Vegas, this would be the Normal

143335616_d909084b9c_b.jpg

Not a good look IMO. I'm one of the few here who likes the badge. Here is how it looks on mine. Also, it's very well made and high quality. I get asked about it all the time from other owners who want to know why theirs didn't come with this badge :)

badge.jpg
P3D-Full.jpg

I've got one on order, definitely don't like it on the fenders but I like it on the back. I'd normally de-badge my cars but it kills me a little too much to know from the outside that you can't tell the difference between my car and the standard range car without it. It may sound narcissistic but I paid $20,000 more, I kind of want people to know... At the same time the Dual Motor badge is huge and I'd like to scale it back as much as I can. That's why I'm going with the P3D.

Not a good look IMO. I'm one of the few here who likes the badge.
Here is how it looks on mine. Also, it's very well made and high quality.
I get asked about it all the time from other owners who want to know why theirs didn't come with this badge :)

badge-jpg.450729
I don't like the 'D' for 'Dual Motor', I would prefer 4WD or AWD.
For a Tesla neophyte, the danger been that the letter 'D' has an other more directly associated meaning...
mini-cooper-d-badge.jpg

I like your chrome delete, it's really outstanding (I should use 'unnoticeable' instead...)
Since you have a Performance, I wonder why your calipers are not painted in red?

Thanks!

I purchased one of the very first performance models when you could opt out of the "performance package", which was great since I didn't want 20" wheels, larger brakes or the spoiler. So essentially got a base performance and then did all my own mods, etc. And given the color scheme I went with, red calipers wouldn't look good to me, which is why I have left them silver. If I could somehow get the AG color code for the copper paint they used on my wheels, I would consider having them painted to match the face of the wheels.

Reactions: Watts_Up
I like it on the side fenders. Its different.But I guess I would have to see a zoomed out pic of that to get a better perspective.

Now on the back it’s fine too, it just needs the underline like all the S and X models that are performance oriented “p90d”, “p100d” etc or else it looks kinda random.

How about a simple red P in the rear.
Anyone that knows anything about these cars will know exactly what the red P is.
For me, less is more
... Because 'D' can have many meaning! (See Elon Musk talking about it...LoL)

If fact, if I had the Model 3 Performance, then I would put "P3TM" for "Track Mode"

Just because then people would tell me:"What, you have Track Mode! Whoaaa!"

I don't think anyone would be ecstatic about having a 'D' something...

Note: All the Tesla should be 'D'. Would you buy an Audi 2WD?

Last edited:
I purchased one of the very first performance models when you could opt out of the "performance package",
which was great since I didn't want 20" wheels, larger brakes or the spoiler.
So essentially got a base performance and then did all my own mods, etc.

And given the color scheme I went with, red calipers wouldn't look good to me, which is why I have left them silver.
If I could somehow get the AG color code for the copper paint they used on my wheels,
I would consider having them painted to match the face of the wheels.
I like your Avant Garde Wheels! Do you have the M652?
I think the BMW 8 Series have the same or very similar in silver.
Are they 18" or 19"? About the finishing aspect, it look more bronze than copper but I can be wrong?

Painting the calipers is not too much my taste,
but you could try getting a small pen to test in a not visible area to check for a matching color.
Yellow could be another possibility than a matching color.

Last edited: