Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A REAL wireless charging pad for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d be nervous about having my phone just loose on the pad like that. If it had some way to keep the phone from moving around (other than the non-slip coating it says it has) then I might be interested. I’m perfectly fine with connecting my phone with the cable since that will help keep the phone in place.

This looks great and I'm excited about it, I just hope they don't run into trouble with Tesla using the Tesla name and logo before they can actually produce this. They can change this of course, but I think they might get derailed if they don't change both of those details first.
That was my thoughts too about them using the actual Tesla logo in the design. I'm sure others are more in the known on things like that, but seems like a bold decision on their part.

Reactions: ConcordeSST
I totallly get the appeal of wireless charging.

However, I don’t know how you plan to keep two phones from banging around when driving the nimble Model 3 with wireless charging pad?

I don’t mind the two seconds it takes to plug in the phones and close the cover to not be a distracted driver. The Tesla model 3 phone dock design has made me a safer less distracted driver.

I received a browser hijack malware when I clicked a link on the site. It was caught by antimalware app, but had to kill the browser process to get rid of the page.

I consistently got an aggressive JavaScript pop-up on the second link, which appears to be a link to a yahoo story. I had to close the tab and cleared website data/cache. Source url was http://free-giving [dot] online .. adding that to my blocker seemed to solve the problem.

Inductive Qi charging is pretty slick, but so far I haven’t seen an implementation that works well in a moving vehicle. As soon as the phone fall out of alignment with the charging coil, efficiency drops and heat escalates or charging stops altogether It will be interesting to hear if this product works any better.

The pad that comes stock in the Model 3 looks very similar (less wireless charging) and my phone never slides or moves....and I tend to take turns to fast and accelerate hard :) I'm not concerned about the phone sliding or bouncing away on their wireless charging pad.

Right, after testing we haven seen our phones slide on the center console dock of the Model 3. In our opinion the center of the car receives much less G-force than the sides of it.

Reactions: preilly44