Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A REAL wireless charging pad for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI... The jeda wireless pad is live right now for ordering. Just ordered mine.

I got the confirmation e-mail and discount code from my reservation. I read through the FAQ twice and I don't understand this fast charging module they have. I especially don't understand why the module can't be plugged into the 12V power outlet. That would seem to be able to provide fast charge power for both phones and recharge the module, but they say you can't do it as it's not reliable (whatever that means).

I was also hoping that there would be an option to use the 12V power outlet so that I can keep a USB flash drive with music in one of the front USB ports. Now it looks like I'll have to remove the USB flash drive if I want both chargers operational, no matter if I get the fast charge module or not.

Quite disappointing and confusing. Until I figure out how I'm going to work this, I'm not going to order.

Reactions: preilly44
I ordered one too, using my code. I do have a question. This feature came with my 2016 tacoma trd off road 4x4. I use it to charge my x when using truck. But it has an on/off switch, and I turn off when not using. I’m wondering if it’s on 24/7 is it going to cause a drain on the battery.

Consider doing the RPMTesla trick. Get a 12V cigarette lighter dual USB adapter--good quality and high amp. Get 2 USB cables to reach from the rear center console where the 12V source is (about 1 meter-3 feet). Run the cables from the rear to the front phone compartment to power the Jeda mat (tucked away as per the RPMTesla installation video). Now you have good high power charging. You keep the 2 front USB ports free for your USB jump drive for music, and also for another accessory. You keep the rear USB ports free for the back seat folks.

Just an update (see the link below)....we have confirmation that the front ports generate up to 10watts (5V x 2.0 Amps). So those with iPhones, this should suffice for fast charging (which maxes out at 7.5W). Those with Samsung, this will not be enough for fast charging (which requires 15W).

Front USB Ports >2 Amps

Still would be nice if @wirelesspad can confirm the above statements. Thanks.

I don't see any reason why I can't use my own fast charging battery bank over theirs. If I were anyone here I'd get a better and cheaper "aftermarket" battery bank with more capacity/features.
Correct. I had ordered my own battery bank with dual input and triple output that way I can add an extra cable for anybody that needs to charge. But once I found out that the front are generating enough amps for apple fast charging...I won’t need a battery bank then.

I got an order receipt email right away (5/8). Delivery doesn’t start for 3 weeks after you order.
hmm.. that's concerning.

\I made sure to take a screen shot of the order confirmation. I used the "contact us" feature on their website to confirm, but haven't heard back. I hope it's not because I'm Canadian or something and they wont actually ship to Canada...

• Funny
Reactions: Sandiegodoug
Correct. I had ordered my own battery bank with dual input and triple output that way I can add an extra cable for anybody that needs to charge. But once I found out that the front are generating enough amps for apple fast charging...I won’t need a battery bank then.
just a quick update, make sure you order a power bank that has pass through charging. This way you can leave everything plugged in. Some power banks will only allow you to charge or discharge, but not both simultaneously, so you would have to disconnect from the car's usb ports to have the power bank working. With pass through charging, you can just leave everything plugged in.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Pkmmte and Asad1087