Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90D order placed - likeminded sanity sought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Scott

Congrats on the order. I also ordered the 90D, Deep Blue Metallic, Pano, Black Alcantra, Carbon Fiber trim, Cold Weather Pkg, 19s, Premium Int.
I moving up from a Nissan LEAF, and was also concerned about the width. I had the benefit of a weekend test drive, and had no issues parking in my standard 1 car garage opening. Tighter, sure, but sufficient clearance, with the mirrors folded back.

In regards to the original post, I chose the 90D over a 70D, for the increased battery capacity. Being in Chicago, its cold for 5mos of the year, and wanted to be comfortable with the impact of the cold on the range.

I'm planning to do almost this same exact thing next week... upgrade from Leaf, 90D. Congrats to OP.

Regarding garage clearance - I'll just have to pull the Mercedes out & park it somewhere else.

I'm also awaiting delivery of a 90D, currently on its way through the factory. I'm hoping TMC's end-of-quarter push gets it to me
this month rather than next. OP, I guess there's no alternative to sending you car across the pond on a slow boat, probably going via Panama. You've definitely found the perfect "echo chamber" here to reassure you in your decision :)