Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#770 - Racing Green - Boulder, CO [SOLD]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for not having replied earlier, but I've been preoccupied with work and my ICE based car being in the shop. I'm seriously dealingwith the pros and cons of going with a Model S reservation vs. Purchasigna Roadster. As the highest bidder twice on this car (granted below reserve price), I am surprised that the consigner and/or owner has been unwilling to contact me about my interest in this vehicle.

If a Model S performance meets your needs, there are benefits of a new car warranty and of buying a new car from Tesla since the more new sales they have, the better chance Tesla will prosper. The Roadster is awesome though so also a great option. Hope you get what you're looking for.

Sorry for not having replied earlier, but I've been preoccupied with work and my ICE based car being in the shop. I'm seriously dealingwith the pros and cons of going with a Model S reservation vs. Purchasigna Roadster. As the highest bidder twice on this car (granted below reserve price), I am surprised that the consigner and/or owner has been unwilling to contact me about my interest in this vehicle.

Have you tried contacting the company that listed it? Or are you just waiting for someone to contact you?

I don't know because I haven't asked him any details about the deal, but perhaps the reserve is the minimum he's willing to consider. He's a pretty straight shooter, doesn't play games, so it would be like him to set the reserve exactly at his minimum price.

He doesn't need to sell it.

Have you tried contacting the company that listed it? Or are you just waiting for someone to contact you?

I don't know because I haven't asked him any details about the deal, but perhaps the reserve is the minimum he's willing to consider. He's a pretty straight shooter, doesn't play games, so it would be like him to set the reserve exactly at his minimum price.

He doesn't need to sell it.

I've been in contact with the consigner of the car for several weeks now and made the request for some information on the car (inspection report from Tesla, the SOC on the battery pack, etc.). The consigner has yet to provide me with that information.

But as you say, it would appear that the reserve price is the absolutely lowest price he is willing to sell the car for and that he's not in any hurry to sell.

Continuing the update on Racing Green cars, this car still appears to be available on the Gambacorta website - no price listed:

2010 Used Tesla Roadster Roadster at Gambacorta Motors, Inc. Serving New Castle, DE, IID 8835868

Tesla Roadster 770.jpg